Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACRF vs RFXCOM

Hello,

I've ordered a RFXCOM receiver and have various projects for it.

My question is, I can see that there are options on the HS plugin - namely ACRF or RFXCOM.

Is there any real difference between the two - or a comparison chart of features?

Am I mistaken that these plugins do the same thing but are competing products?

Thanks for any guidance

Jon

My opinion, would be to go with the the RFXCOM plug-in. I will most likely switch over. There seems to be more support/activity for that plug-in. I have posted items on the ACRF board and even emailed the plugin owner about issues(based on a "official" support sticky) and got NO response what so ever. Just my 2 cents....

Comment

Yes, they are competing plug-ins. If all you are going to have is an RFXCOM receiver, then go with the RFXCOM plug-in. I have both (I also have two W800's, which is why I have ACRF). Both plug-ins work extremely well, and they have some minor differences, but the RFXCOM plug-in is focused on the RFXCOM interface (which is why I have both).

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
        Yes, they are competing plug-ins. If all you are going to have is an RFXCOM receiver, then go with the RFXCOM plug-in. I have both (I also have two W800's, which is why I have ACRF). Both plug-ins work extremely well, and they have some minor differences, but the RFXCOM plug-in is focused on the RFXCOM interface (which is why I have both).

Bill
        Thank you both for your advice. Will go with RFXCOM.

Jon

Comment

And there is also the option to use RFXcharts with the RFXcom plug-in, which is also a great one....
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
            And there is also the option to use RFXcharts with the RFXcom plug-in, which is also a great one....
            YES...and you will not find better support than Bert and Paul...

David
            ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I bought ACRF2 and it's worked fine. However I have a new temp sensor (hot tub floating sensor) and need the owner of ACRF2 (Jon) to add support for it. I've been prodding him via direct email and on this forum, to no avail. Since early January he seems to be busy elsewhere.

I may be forced to switch to Bert's SW, which I know already supports all my current and planned sensors.

Comment

Got both. ACRF for 310 sensors (with W800) and RFXCom for all environmental sensors.
                Paul's charts are MUST to have!!

Comment

I was wondering if the RFXCOM plugin works while HS runs as a service - is anyone running in this mode?

Furthermore, can I assume that I have full DS10 support currently in the ACRF-2 plugin using my W800 receiver (U.S. version) with the RFXCOM plugin with the benefit of further support for more environmental devices - should I purchase a RFXCOM receiver?

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    I was wondering if the RFXCOM plugin works while HS runs as a service - is anyone running in this mode?

Furthermore, can I assume that I have full DS10 support currently in the ACRF-2 plugin using my W800 receiver (U.S. version) with the RFXCOM plugin with the benefit of further support for more environmental devices - should I purchase a RFXCOM receiver?

Robert
                    Robert,
                    Not sure about the service mode, but you will need dual reveiver. One 310MHz for DS10 and second for 433 Env. sensors (Oregon).
                    Marty

Comment

Thanks Marty,

I figured that - though I just want to use one plugin. I have a W800 and ds10's currently and want to maintain that. Going forward I realize I will need a RFXCOM receiver for the environmental sensors. Incidently, does anyone know where to order in the U.S. or Canada?

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks Marty,

I figured that - though I just want to use one plugin. I have a W800 and ds10's currently and want to maintain that. Going forward I realize I will need a RFXCOM receiver for the environmental sensors. Incidently, does anyone know where to order in the U.S. or Canada?

Robert
                        There is a store here in FL:
                        http://www.cheapertronics.com/produc...category_id=64

or you chan just order it directly from RFXCOM
                        http://www.rfxcom.com/receivers.htm

Marty

Comment

i have both... acrf2 for 310 motions and rfxcom for temps and bathroom scale...

also the rfxcom charts are a MUST!!!!!!!!!

i havent reinstalled them yet... see my sig on where I am... not sure if i listed the charts yet but will once i hit submit reply...

still reinstalling everything..

although I have a very small pc with only 1 serial port and a 2 serial card I am out of serial ports (yes can buy another card but currently funds are not allowing for any purchases)... so im ok... but now i need to hookup a ups and want to use a serial port... so gotta send in my 310 rfxcom unit for a reprogram.... then i will be rfxcom all the way... im not gonna say 1 is better than the other... that would be like me saying comcast cable is better than verizon fios.....
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Gee, I just read that the RFXCOM doesn't support the w800... I am looking for a solution (cost in mind of course ) where I can use my w800 and potentially the RFXCOM plugin running in HS as a service. I am willing to expand down the road with a RFXCOM receiver - just I don't want to throw away the w800 and buy a dual channel RFXCOM receiver particularly now if the RFXCOM doesn't play well with HS running as a service.

I know... I know. I have been pushing this service mode a lot lately

Robert

Comment

Gee, I just read that the RFXCOM doesn't support the w800... I am looking for a solution (cost in mind of course ) where I can use my w800 and potentially the RFXCOM plugin running in HS as a service. I am willing to expand down the road with a RFXCOM receiver - just I don't want to throw away the w800 and buy a dual channel RFXCOM receiver particularly now if the RFXCOM doesn't play well with HS running as a service.

I know... I know. I have been pushing this service mode a lot lately

Robert
                              Robert,
                              What is the advantage of running HS as a service??

Comment

Working...
                              X