No announcement yet.

ACRF vs RFXCOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without wanting to start this whole new discussion again, suffice to say that it is my preference to run in service mode on my Windows 2000 server.
    Admittedly, (keeping it to a whisper), if all else fails, I may change my mind to autologon etc...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I run HS as a service on server 2003, and I have RFXCOM, I have never experienced any real problems.
      Niggles are:
      The restart service from the HS applet screen won't work.
      On the same screen the log entries stop getting updated after a few minutes of running.

Comment

Ritchie,

Have you tried FireDaemon? I couldn't get the Netcam plugin to work when I ran HS in it's service mode. Running HS as a service through FD solved that issue.

BTW: Are you using security sensors (DS10's) in your configuration?

I am seriously thinking on going dual band rfxcom, using the rfxcom plugin and dropping ACRF2 - and not that ACRF2 is a bad plugin - just that support seems to lack visibility...

Rob
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Also happy RFXcom + RFXCharts plugin user with lot of device on 868 and 433

At work we use Firedaemon for lot of applications to run as services.
          This works fine
          I'm going to give tray.
          Running as services is on my list for long time.

Comment

No, I used the HS facility for installing natively as a service.
            I'm not using any security sensors at all, mine is nearly all RFXCom and HE kit - I'm not sure I want to pass control of my security system over to HS or indeed any PC based facility

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Ritchie,

Have you tried FireDaemon? I couldn't get the Netcam plugin to work when I ran HS in it's service mode. Running HS as a service through FD solved that issue.

BTW: Are you using security sensors (DS10's) in your configuration?

I am seriously thinking on going dual band rfxcom, using the rfxcom plugin and dropping ACRF2 - and not that ACRF2 is a bad plugin - just that support seems to lack visibility...

Rob

Comment

I don't how this is possible. The packet has a parity and the ACRF plug-in checks the packets on validity (I hope).
              If this happens again my advice is to enable detailed logging in the ACRF plug-in. This allows us to check the received data at the time the database reflects wrong values.

Comment

Working...
              X