Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proliphix plugin question

Hey guys,
    I recently got a register booster fan for the forced air register in our bedroom (our bedroom is the last outlet on the duct and gets very cold at night, the register booster has fixed that). The problem is that I can only control it by on and off and I'd love to be able to have it come on when the heat comes on. I've been considering a proliphix thermostat for a while to tie into my homeseer/insteon installation and I was wondering if the plugin for that tstat could be used to turn on the register booster if I hook up an insteon plug in module between the fan and the wall. I know I can have it come on and off on a time based event, but ideally I'd like the tstat to turn it on/off. Any thoughts?
    Tom

I pretty sure this thermostat and plugin both report when the unit is running so you could setup an event to trigger when the unit is running and start the booster fan. You can download the plugin and play a little to see what triggers are available.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have set up a Proliphix with a one stage gasoil burner... probably not the setup you'd have in the U.S. but anyhow, to answer your question, I suppose you could parse the status string of the device (see attached screenshot) that indicates if heat is on, or use the API and poll the device to then populate a virtual device to suit your needs.

In the screenshot, you can see Mode (Operating): Heat --> when heat is not demanded, this shows Mode (Operating): Off

Cheers
      Attached Files
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Working...
      X