Web Cam help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Cam help

I recently purchased off of eBay a cheap 4 channel video input PCI card.
    I now have 2 security cameras that I want to use. Since my software supports multiple cameras (WebcamXP) I assumed I would be able to use the new card with my software. But I have not been able to access the card with webcamXP. The driver for the card is being recognized by webcamXP as an IPcamera but I don't have a clue what the IP address would be. I've tried the basic default addresses like 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 with no luck. Does anybody have any experience with a multichannel video input card? Suggestions would be appreciated.

I have tried to contact the supplier/manufacturer - no luck!

PS - The card does work with the software they provided, but the software is a piece of junk. (I guess I got what I paid for!)

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Post me a photo of the card, sounds like what I have here, have 2 of them, not using but I know how to get them working

TrOjAn

Comment

Here is the card:
      Attached Files
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thats a single BT878 Chip design... http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html will get you the drivers

After you install, I think its a 4 port Grandtec, it will show up as 4 seperate inputs.. if you get hassle let me know and I also have some "other" drivers here..

TrOjAn

Comment

Trojan, You are BRILLIANT! How is it possible that you can identify drivers just by looking at a picture of the board????

But you did.... I installed the board and the drivers on my test machine and after a few tries I got the video drivers working. The audio driver crashed my compuer but I don't need audio anyway.

So I installed the board and drivers on my Homeseer box and got everything working within 30 minutes.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Steve Q

Comment

Steve... when you have crashed and burned as much as me you too will have "it" trial and error on my part.. took me a lifetime to sort out cameras and drivers.. hence my ability to help you.. glad it al worked out for you..

TrOjAn

Comment

Trojan, HELP!!

My Homeseer computer is really messed up. Although I got the video card working. My sound is now gone. When I installed the card drivers the computer crashed when it got to the audio driver. When I realized the sound was not working I tried to uninstall the audio driver but the computer resets when it tries to uninstall. So I removed the 4 channel video card and reinstalled the motherboard sound drivers; still no sound from internet explorer. Itunes and windows media player work OK but no sound from anything played directly by IE explorer (ver7 or 8).

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the audio driver files? Control Panel shows that "Star Imavision" is still installed as the audio driver (file cg300au.sys). This is the original driver installed by the disk that came with the 4 channel video card. There in no "uninstall" on the disk.
              Any ideas!

Steve Q

Comment

You MAY try booting to safe mode, then delete cg300au.sys from any locations you find..

I dont actually use audio with my cameras so cant offer help on that, after deleting those files reboot and see if it helps.. you may also need to run ccleaner to clear up your registry..

Good luck, TrOjAn

Comment

TrOjan,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to get rid of the bad driver files and I now have a good install of the video and audio drivers for the 4 channel video board.

Unfortunately internet explorer is still messed up. I have reinstalled ie, cleaned the registry and followed all the troubleshooting suggestions for both ie and flash. For whatever reason, I cannot install the flash player for ie.

I can live without it because iTunes, mwdia player, and the Homeseer speaker client are working OK. But anything requiring flash does not work.

Strange! I must have some kind of sound cloud around me. I always seem to have sound problems on my computers. Even though I have a background in sound management and editing??? I must know too much.

Thanks again for your help,
                  Steve Q

Comment

Trojan, how would I get hold of those "other" drivers?
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Cam help

Hello guys.

I have a 4 channel video input PCI card. It came with its own software but I want to use it for broadcasting video to usream.tv. I downloaded the driver from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html but just before the installation completed my PC crashed(blue screen). When I rebooted it and lunched ManyCam, the device appeared as a camera source (just the way I want it) but nothing happened - there is no picture.
                      Actually tried this more than 3 times, but the blue screen appears again.
                      Can you help me?

lusi_gb

Comment

Working...
                      X