• Show
Clear All

Gogs

Got in no problem using IE6.

Andy
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry for jumping in on this thread but I spotted Andy has a Geovision script for I/O functions. I saw a mention of this on another thread and would love to try it (if it's available?). I currently have a GV800 with 4 cams (I hope to add more). I have modified the HTML webcam view to get it to auto login and I also got rid of all the controls so now I have just the live video displaying on HS touch and Jon's touch screen plugin. If I could get motion detect or the physical I/O to set a device in HS then I could auto switch screens in HST, etc which would be the business.

Thanks,

Ted

Comment

Hi Ted

I've got some scripts that work for me, but I'm no programmer so you'll probably have to muck around with them to get exactly the functionality you need.

I don't know if Gogs has had a chance to try them on his system yet. Gogs?

If you fancy being a guinea pig PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you what I have.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
          ..........I don't know if Gogs has had a chance to try them on his system yet. Gogs?.........
          So far I have only concentrated on the Adam-4060, yes it deos require a little bit of tweaking to suit your requirement, nothing too serious though and is worlking almost perfectly. The bit that is not working perfectly is HS being unable to spot a device change on Adam 2.

As the script stands it olny supports 4 cams, should be easy to alter the script to support all 16 that GV-800 offers. Strange thing is that I installed 4 instances of it on GV and used mode 1 through to 4, but if I set a cam on mod2 Pin 3 the script reports it as mod1 pin3. I suspect it us because the script only has mod1. Tomorrow I plan on looking at this slight hic up.

I have not yet tried the Adam-4051, it istalls OK and GV finds it, but have been concertration on Adam-4060 which allows the cams to trigger events in HS as opposed to HS telling GV what to do - that is next on the project list.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi Gogs

It was originally David who wrote the 4060 script after our little bit of reverse engineering, and wrote it to support 4 4060 ADAM modules (16 outputs)because he needed Geovision to trigger HS.

However he had lots of problems with it. He would probably be better explaining himself why 4 modules don't work correctly.

I on the other hand I wanted it the other way round and HS to trigger Geovision, so I wrote the 4051 script, and modified and stripped down David's 4060 script to one module to suit my needs. It also seems to work fine with just one 4060 ADAM module.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy, Gogs,

Sounds like ye guys have done a good bit of work on integrating Geovision and HS. I will send you a PM and would be very greatfull for the script - thank you. For me I don't have an external relay box which I presume the ADAM box is; If I could just get a HS device to change state driven from Geovision I would be happy. On another thread I see where David (I presume this is the David that wrote the script??) has a text overlay function working.

Anyway all good stuff!!

Regards,

Ted

Comment

Ted

You don't need any other hardware. The scripts emulate the Adam 4051 and 4060 modules which Geovision supports. i.e. Geovision thinks it's talking to a hardware module, but it's really a HS script.

All will become clear when I e-mail you it.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by tedvpt View Post
                  Hi Guys,

Sorry for jumping in on this thread but I spotted Andy has a Geovision script for I/O functions. I saw a mention of this on another thread and would love to try it (if it's available?). I currently have a GV800 with 4 cams (I hope to add more). I have modified the HTML webcam view to get it to auto login and I also got rid of all the controls so now I have just the live video displaying on HS touch and Jon's touch screen plugin. If I could get motion detect or the physical I/O to set a device in HS then I could auto switch screens in HST, etc which would be the business.

Thanks,

Ted
                  Ted can you share what you did to get Geovision live feed into HStouch?

thanks

(sorry Gogs for the hijack!)

Comment

Originally posted by connoleg View Post
                    (sorry Gogs for the hijack!)
                    No Hijack, no apology required.

Simply pushing the front forward.
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi Gogs

............ It was originally David who wrote the 4060 script.
                      Andy I know. I have David's and your version up in too sepereate windows, and customising.

David has got the way to do this, your version simplifies David's to a point, but both versions still require refinement for general use.

Certainally it has now been descovered how to get GV to work with HS and Visa Versa, just needs refined.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Gogs

It was originally David who wrote the 4060 script after our little bit of reverse engineering, and wrote it to support 4 4060 ADAM modules (16 outputs)because he needed Geovision to trigger HS.

Andy
                        Unfortunately its GV that is the pig in the mix here, as if your HS and GV boxes are busy the handshake is a bit flakey to say the least unless the boxes are doing very little. I suspect that writing a plugin to handle the serial comms would be more successful rather than just script.

If they are idling along, the my 4060 script with 4 module support works fine.

The big issue is the 4051 module. I have got one module support working ok, but dual 4051 support is a no-no, so not much cop for what I want unfortunately.

Two big issues for me - reliability and expandability, and sadly, I'm at the end of the road with the scripts.

David
                        ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Connoleg,

I'll give you a basic overview now and will put something more detailed together tomorrow when I have more time.

First make sure you have set up the webcam option in the Geovision server and you can web to your cams from your HST pc. This will require you to download the activeX stuff and all that when you first connect.

Next go to the HST designer and make a new screen, create a text box on the screen and under the TEXT option box put the address of the geovision server and the HTML file. In my case it's http://172.16.1.108/LanMpegView0.htm Also under the Web section of the text box control make sure that AllowNavigation and IsHTML is set to true.

The default LanMpegView0.htm will bring you through a number of prompts like username password etc which you dont want for a touchscreen, so you will need to edit the html file on the Geovision server to bypass this and autologin. I have this done and I can forward you on the file later. I have also put two feeds on the screen and got rid of all the controls around the image. It works fine for me but could do with a bit of polishing as I'm not very skilful at html scripting.

I hope this basic overview helps you and didnt confuse you too much.

Ted

Comment

Hi Andy,

I've got a Geovision setup as well. Care to share your interface script? I was looking to emulate the 4060. I found the complete programming/command/response manual. seems straight forward, but if I could get a boost off of you that would be great! I PM'ed Andy but if anyone else is still looking in on this thread still I'd appreciate a reply back.
                            Thanks,
                            Mike
                            Last edited by mmikem; March 2, 2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I know this was a while ago, but does anyone still have this script?
                              I was interested to see how this was done?

Comment

Adam 4060 script

I've got a version I modified attempting to get it to work in my system. I ran into GV issues getting a valid response back from the script. Also had issues with GV recognizing the script was actually hardware. I was attempting to use Virtual Serial Port Emulator to bridge the Adam module script and GV. This worked on other implementations but GV has issues with it...Enjoy and let us know if you get something working.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X