Shutting Lights off that have been on too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutting Lights off that have been on too long

I'm not sure this is the place to post this question, but I've set up several events to turn lights off once they have been on too long. For example everyone in my family seems to leave the attick, pantry, garage, closet light or even the shower fan on. So, I set an event called "Pantry Light Off". The Trigger is Device Status Change. When the light is Changed to On, the condition of Device has been on for 2 minutes is set and the Action is Turn light off. But it doesn't seem to work. Is there a simpler way of programming this? Thanks.

Have you tried the "At least" criteria. It will get hit more often than an exact 2 minutes because HomeSeer only evaluates certian events on the minute and if your light wasn't turned on exactly at the minute it will not get hit.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Trigger is Device Status Change. When the light is Changed to On, the condition of Device has been on for 2 minutes is set and the Action is Turn light off. But it doesn't seem to work. Is there a simpler way of programming this? Thanks.
      What do you mean "when the light is changed to on" and "the condition of the device has been on for 2 minutes"? If those are both conditions in the same event, it will never be true. The light can't be changed to on AND have been on for two minutes. There are two ways to do this:

1. Condition = changed to on, action = off with a 2 minute delay.

2. Condition = light has been on at least two minutes, action = off (with no delay).

I would be careful about automatically turning a light off without any kind of motion detection though, especially an attic light. Do you really want to be in the attic and have the light go off automatically? My attic would be pitch dark so that would be pretty dangerous. <!-- / message -->

Comment

Working...
      X