Somfy motorized horizontal blind control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somfy motorized horizontal blind control

Can anyone provide me with some advice on how to automate horizontal blind tilt function using a wireless Somfy motors (XL Series w/ RF control) using Homeseer? There are 6 Somfy motorized blinds in one room and 4 Somfy motorized blinds in another. The objective would be to individually and collectively control the blind tilt function to open and close. Also, is there a way to stop the motor with the blinds in the open position as it appears that there is a limit switch that is triggered only at close position up and down.

Can this control be done with the Somfy motors? If needed, the motors could be hardwired (with a lot of work).
    <O</O
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
    --Mike

If these are IR controllable then you could try learning the IR command with one of the many IR capable IR solutions and send the open signal from HomeSeer via an event. I use the older IR blind controllers and learned the signal from my remote to my Ocelot controlled by HS. I then setup an event to send 6 IR pulses from HS to my blinds use the powermid wireless IR system. My blinds automatically open when there is 25% daylight and close when it drops below 15% each day.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Somfy - Horizontal Blind Solution

Thanks for your reply Rupp.

I have figured out what appears to be the best solution to setup automated blinds using Somfy motors. Unfortunately, it's not cheap, but will be very robust. This is the solution that I plan to implement:

Current tilt motors:
      the current motors are from the XL series and do not have learnable IR codes
      these could be retrofitted with radio modules (Somfy P/N 1810682), but the interface sits outside the head rail, it has a very short range, and generally are obsolete and not available anymore

Replacement tilt motors & controller:
      purchase new/replacement motors (RTS control) and use the same motor-to-head rail adapters from the old XL motors
      Literature on motors and control
      Purchase info on motors
      purchase a universal interface to control up to 16 blinds

If anyone would like to know the results of this setup, let me know and I'll follow-up with the results.
      Last edited by johnsonmj; April 30, 2009, 10:00 PM. Reason: corrected #of blinds interface controls

Comment

Rupp,

How are you determining the percentage of daylight???

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        If these are IR controllable then you could try learning the IR command with one of the many IR capable IR solutions and send the open signal from HomeSeer via an event. I use the older IR blind controllers and learned the signal from my remote to my Ocelot controlled by HS. I then setup an event to send 6 IR pulses from HS to my blinds use the powermid wireless IR system. My blinds automatically open when there is 25% daylight and close when it drops below 15% each day.

Comment

Originally posted by bmora View Post
          Rupp,

How are you determining the percentage of daylight???
          My Davis Vantage Pro system has a solar sensor built in.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Interface Programming...

Rupp,
            Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to develop a script or plug-in to communicate with the Somfy universal interface? It uses an RS232 interface and very basic commands: USTSI address + Motor Channel + Direction.
            Only one interface, so URTSI address = 01
            Motor channel is 2 digits from 01 to 16
            Directional commands are: U = up D= down S = stop

For example:
            Motor 1 Up: 0101U
            Motor 5 down: 0105D
            Motor 12 Stop: 0112S

Thanks,
            --Mike
            Last edited by johnsonmj; May 7, 2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Somfy RTS

Mike,
              it's an old topic, but I would like some more info on how to control Somfy RTS blinds and screens with Homeseer. Somfy Europe is not helping, I got a message they are working on a device but it's still in beta (for about a year now). Did you manage to get it to work?

regards,

Emile

Comment

I have a plugin written already. If you're interested I would be willing to package it up and upload it for a fee.

Interested?
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I would love to see the plugin. I am rebuilding my HS system. The Somfy RTS blinds should be installed next month.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I control my outside Somfy shades with a script. It is posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...869#post933869

Comment

Somfy RTS

@Krumpy and RBergquist: first I need hardware to control the RTS blinds and screens, what do I need?

Comment

Somfy RTS interface

Finally, Somfy Europe made a RTS interface available this month, just received it, so the hardware question is almost solved. I still needed a RS485 interface, should arrive tomorrow.
                        The included "manual" is very basic, they're not very eager to share information to their customers, no idea if I can get my hands on an installers manual. Pairing my screens and shades to the interface is the first step, if anyone can supply information please do so.

Back to the software: I found the SomfyURTSii vbs script, still have to find out how it works exactly. Anyone implemented this succesfully, care to share some tips?

Thanks!

Comment

Script for Somfy RTS

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                          I have a plugin written already. If you're interested I would be willing to package it up and upload it for a fee.

Interested?
                          Yeah, sure, I'm interested, please send me the script.
                          Thanks!
                          Last edited by elio; April 15, 2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

yes i am also interested, if he works with the somfy rs485 interface from the european marked ?

and dokumentation to learn the interface to connect to the blinds.

wetlips

i can pay by ideal ?

Comment

Working...
                            X