Insteon Config Screen Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Config Screen Not Working

I just downloaded HSPro, enabled Insteon from the Interfaces tab (and clicked Save), and then clicked the Insteon Configuration Button.

The screen that comes up is almost completely blank, with just the words "<span " in the upper left corner. Does not quite look right.

Please note:
    - the boot logs show that the server loaded Insteon drivers ok
    - Insteon activity on the network is showing up in SDM
    - I tried pushing the complete reset button on the PLC

I'd appreciate some thoughts on where to go from here.

Thanks,

Cliff

What versions of HomeSeer and the Insteon plugin are you using? This error was fixed over a year ago.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running HomeSeer Pro Edition 2.1.104.0 with Insteon Plug-in driver 0.0.1.4. I received the HS software when downloading a trial link that was just sent yesterday, and then downloaded the plug-in through this software last evening.

Comment

That is a really old version of HS. You need to upgrade to the latest HS release from http://www.homeseer.com/downloads and then upgrade your version of the Insteon plugin ensuring your download the correct version from the HS updater. If you have the PLM you need the PLM version of the plugin, otherwise you need the PLC version of the plugin.

Comment

I am using the software under trial. The e-mail I received yesterday for the trial software version contained the following two links:

http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/setuphspro.exe
          ftp://homeseer.com/pub/setuphspro.exe

I believe I used the http link, which apparently is to an old version. After seeing your last message I tried the link you sent, but having run the upgrade from that link it seems that version of the software will not run without a key. So, I then tried using the FTP link above thinking maybe that had the right trial version, but could not get a connection to the server.

I'd appreciate if you could let me know where I could download the latest version of the trial software.

Comment

The latest version of HomeSeer is always available at the link I provided. Your trial license should work with any version you load. Out of curiosity who sent the trial link?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "trial license." The e-mail I received with the download link was sent from mark@homeseer. There was no specific license info in the e-mail. (I pasted the complete message below.)

Upon downloading and installing the software, I had the option to run it without providing any license info. I do not seem to have that option anymore having upgraded from the link you sent.

The three options I am presented with now after the software boots are:

1. Click here for instant online registration
              2. Click here for manual offline registration
              3. Click here if you would like to purchase HomeSeer HS2

Thanks,

Cliff

---------------

Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:22 AM
              To: cr@cliffrosen.com
              Subject: HSPRO Downloaded at HomeSeer

Greetings Cliff Rosen!ftp link - click herehttp link - click here[IMG]outbind://104/images/dotted_line_400.gif[/IMG]If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Enjoy your trial!
              Best regards,

The HomeSeer Team

Contact Us

Comment

Cliff,
                If you put in a help desk ticket we can assign you a new trial license.

Comment

OK, Rupp, I will open a ticket. Thanks for the quick responses.

FYI, the way I requested the trial version was to select the "Download Trial Version" link from the HS Pro Product page. This led to the generation of the e-mail that included a link to the outdated installer.

It seems anyone who requests the trial version in this manner will received the outdated installer, and therefore be trialing the incorrect version.

So, I guess either the link in that e-mail should be changed, or else the file it points to should be updated.

Thanks,

Cliff

Comment

Working...
                  X