No announcement yet.

Bath/tub control via homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good point, the idea was that it would be completely hidden and it would still work via the existing taps.

the backflow was just designed so water would not go the wrong way into the valve.

the other challange is the drain plug. not sure how to deal with that yet.
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Raptor, did this ever go anywhere?

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yes and no,

i moved to a arduino based controller that is currently working as a timer for the fill and monitor the temps.

in the next few weeks i should have that on the LAN controllable by homeseer, from there i can start the valve piece.

the actual cutting of pipes will have to wait until i can afford a bathroom remodel.

i should point out that having a child since then messed up our grand plans

raptor
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

neat!

having a child only...adjusts your plans!

I drew this up in Google Draw, for my wife to check out, it was immediatly vetoed with an email...only 2 words.

"no thanks"

*sigh*

Off to the next thing I guess.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yes adjust would have been a better term

if it helps i am working on a no cut demo to start with which will replace the areotor on the bath and do all of the plumbing parts that way.

Comment

Re reading hte posts above the deisgn has changed to incoropoarte a flow meter on the inlet and a water switch on the outlet to prevent overfilling.

the controller is currently using timing to calculate fill rates based on who wants to use it.

ther reason for using arduino with it was to allow non homeseer local control and homeseer integration via ethernet.
              Attached Files

Comment

Do you plan on closing the drain manually, or have you figured out how to automate that also?
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                  Do you plan on closing the drain manually, or have you figured out how to automate that also?
                  still working on that one, ideas include using a valve (Normally open) for the drain.

its that or a servo operated drain plug at this time. using something like this
                  http://www.us.kohler.com/us/ClearFlo...?skuId=391692#

and a servo on the cable (with manual override)

ideas are welcome
                  Last edited by Raptor; August 15, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Ask for forgiveness going forward; never permission...

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                    neat!

having a child only...adjusts your plans!

I drew this up in Google Draw, for my wife to check out, it was immediatly vetoed with an email...only 2 words.

"no thanks"

*sigh*

Off to the next thing I guess.

--Dan
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                    X