Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole house audio receiver with serial interface

Guys,
    Is there a good 2 channel serial controllable receiver on the market? I want to use it for my whole house audio so I do not need a theater model.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Don't know if this is an option, but I used my Home Theater amp - you can use the 2 remaining channels from 7.1 as a separate zone/speaker B and then 5.1 for your theatre. Use it as a zone on my Russound and it sounds great - and its controlled via serial. Mine is a Pioneer, but most models have a second zone.

Just a thought, only useful if your AV amp is near where you would put the 2 channel amp

Jon

Comment

Rupp,

Just do what I do...
      use multiple sound cards, then use the line level from that to "pipe" the audio where you want.

From there, just put that into a decent set of PC speakers. It really sounds great!

Esp. for the cost.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I already have a whole house system. It's just my old 2 channel amp may be dieing.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It would be easier to recommend something if I knew what your feeding as far as whole house system but you could look at the Yamaha RX-397 Stereo Receiver for a basic stereo amp with serial control.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X