System getting old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System getting old

Well, after about 15 years, some of my old X10 devices are starting to crap out. My ZWave lamp modules are slowly fading into the netherworld. I'm looking at putting in about 5 units.

Now, the X10 is pretty cheap and basically does what I want. I need two lamp modules to replace those that are refusing to answer questions.

I've lost 2 ZWave lamp modules. I like the way they dim and brighten but they're pretty unreliable.

Insteon seems to be pretty expensive. If I shell out a few hundred bucks for new Insteon modules, would there be an advantage? Would my Ocelot with HS work or would I need new hardware.

Also, when the Ocelot fails (and it will), what would you all recommend for an interface? I don't use any of the Ocelot features. It's just an interface as long as I have HS.

Thanks

What z-wave lamp modules do you have that failed and how long?

I have some Intermatic and Sylvania that have been working for several months now with daily use - I'd like to know which ones are unreliable.

Thanks
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The "original" Sylvania modules were very unreliable but since then I've lost none. If X10 works for you then why switch. You can catch X10 modules on sale here and there really cheap when uses upgrade. If all you are using your Ocelot for is as an X10 interface then your are underutilizing this hardware. The CM11A is still available but the TI-103 is the best X10 interface left.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have an HD11a and a TI103 in my parts box. Yes, it was the older Sylvania modules. I got them because I thought they'd be more reliable. I have very old wiring. Actually have some knob & tube wiring although I've replaced a lot of it.

I guess I'll stick with X10 except where I've already installed the ZWave. I'll just replace those.

Odd that the latest was able to be "added" as device 14 and can be tested and optimized in ZSeer but won't turn on or off.

Comment

Working...
        X