Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start from? New Home.

Hi,

I got a new home which I would like to make it smart.

Includes:
    - events
    - ligthing
    - alaem system
    - Cameras ( in spesific rooms)
    - control shutters
    - TV

and one controller to controll all of it.

And all the Installation to the electric should be inside the electric system.

What should I do for make it do?

Which products I need?

Thanks.

Start with a 30 day trial of HomeSeer since it can do all of this. Then pick the most important list item you want to accomplish and start with that. Once you determine what that item is let us know and we can help you through it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by B007 View Post
      Which products I need?
      If I understand you correctly, you want to have all control signals transmitted on the electric power line and do not want to use either dedicated hard-wired technology (using cat5, for example) or wireless devices such as Z-wave, wireless X10 or wired or WiFi Ethernet.

If that is you aim, then I'd suggest you concentrate on conventional X10 and UPB. X10 is inexpensive, but the least expensive devices can be unreliable. UPB is more robust, but can be expensive. You can use powerline Ethernet for cameras, Logitech has a system, but it is limited in bandwidth, and not as capable as alternatives that use cat5 or WiFi.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Is UPB available in Europe?

Comment

But From what I get that UPB is an electricity switch,

it's not something that connect to the electric system itself,

or a device that install inside the electricty switch and can be install to any kind of switch (also to the electric 3 switches..)

Also,
          How those system adds in new houses from begginning?

Thanks..

Comment

Check these forums as there is a lot of information specific for European users:
            http://www.domoticaforum.eu/
            http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/index.php

Comment

Plz explain me in general,
              What I need to installing it in my system?

Thanks..

Comment

Plz explain me in general,
                What I need to installing it in my system?

Thanks..
                Installing what? Light switches, software ?

Comment

If you mean "what to install in your panel", this is generally unnecessary.
                  On the other hand, if I were building a new home, I'd think seriously about ensuring there was Cat-5 cable in every room (maybe even two runs), running to a central hub where I'd be putting an ethernet router or switch.
                  Similarly, I'd install wiring for speakers and microphones running back to wherever the HS machine is to be located.
                  Telephone and CATV wiring to each room is a given.
                  If you intend to use any RF sensors (MS or DS or even temperature/humidity sensors, etc.) run coax from the HS location to the highest point for the receiving antennae.
                  Thinking about 1-wire technology? ... also Cat-5.

Doing this now will save many headaches later on.

As for light switches or switched outlets... there are multiple technologies to choose from. Personally, I like z-wave. While more expensive than X-10 for instance, in the long run you'll be much happier.
                  Keep in mind that electronic dimmer switches don't play well with CFL's or other fluorescents.
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

hi

Hi,

I got a new home which I would like to make it smart.

Includes:
                    - events
                    - ligthing
                    - alaem system
                    - Cameras ( in spesific rooms)
                    - control shutters
                    - TV

and one controller to controll all of it.

What should I do for make it do?

Which products I need?

Thanks.
                    hi,
                    you can make your home smarter by installing
                    Light Control Systems automatically switch lights on when someone approaches a protected area.
                    Security lights are one of the most practical and effective ways to prevent crime in or around your
                    home or office.
                    An Electric gate can be an additional security device for any premises and can control access. An electrically controlled automatic gates are operated and associated with electronic devices. Increasing levels of crime have forced the experts to find alternative way to safeguard the family, business and buildings.
                    CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) is a visual surveillance technology designed for monitoring a variety of environments and activities. This can also be employed to protect your home.
                    An access control security system enables you to control, monitor and restrict the movement of people, assets or vehicles in, out and around a building or site.
                    Last edited by ; June 8, 2009, 07:57 AM. Reason: s

Comment

Working...
                    X