X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys bought this camera? Seems like a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/Outdoor-CCTV-Cam...DLVI%26ps%3D54

It's a pan and tilt dome camera.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

When I click on you link, I get a big red warning screen alerting me to Malware content. Anyone else see this???
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio View Post
      When I click on you link, I get a big red warning screen alerting me to Malware content. Anyone else see this???
      It's simply an ebay link. I just tried from another PC and the link works fine from here.

Comment

Link works fine for me too. The camera appears to send its images on a RS485 serial link. Did I misunderstand? I'm not familiar with how that works.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I "believe" the RS485 is for controlling the pan and tilt. The video is via regular camera cabling.

Comment

RS-485 from a software standpoint is simply an addressable serial protocol supporting up to 32 RS-485 devices per port. Addressing is up to the software.
            Where RS-232 is reliable for up to about 60 foot runs, RS-485 is good for about a kilometer, as it's transmitters/receivers are current driven rather than voltage driven as RS-232 is. Converters are available to interface to RS-232 (PC) ports and aren't terribly expensive, or a RS-485 interface can be installed directly into the computer. RS-485 can be implemented with two twisted pair conductors in half duplex mode, or 4 conductors for full duplex.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I have one very similar to this I bought off Ebay that came from somewhere in the China Delta.

The way it works and I would imagine this is the same, is it uses the RS485 for the PTZ functions and it uses a regular coax video cable for the video.

This one included a 24V power supply that feeds the PTZ and the camera.

Normally I use siamese cables for video and power but the instructions said not to go over 30 feet wit the output of the power supply so I ran a 120vac extention to the camera and power supply and put the power supply in the arm of the camera. This is to test it out and it works fine so far.

Mine is IR sensitive and picks up some of the IR lighting from another IR camera I have in the area at night.

I would like to try one of the 270X models and add a couple of the IR iluminators.

Good find on this one as it shows other accessories for mounting etc.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio View Post
                I see this too. Are you using Chrome for your browser?
                John

Comment

I don't know about malware bit (Firefox with adblock, noscript, and flashblock blocks damn near everything) but I emailed the guy with a request for the demo link and bellsouth's email servers kicked it back - 550 550 [SUSPEND] Mailbox currently suspended - Please contact correspondent directly (state 14).

Something's looking sketchy.

Comment

try this link for one similar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120357277594

Comment

Working...
                    X