1132CU memory support in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1132CU memory support in the future?

I'm trying to decide between Smarthome Manager Plus and Homeseer 2 and was just wondering if HS2 plans to support download to Powerlinc 1132CU in future releases. I am leaning toward spending the extra bucks for a significantly more powerful HS2 but my only concern is that I would have to end up running the PC 24/7 for the event triggers to work.

Thanks for any info

Originally posted by zerolife View Post
    I'm trying to decide between Smarthome Manager Plus and Homeseer 2 and was just wondering if HS2 plans to support download to Powerlinc 1132CU in future releases. I am leaning toward spending the extra bucks for a significantly more powerful HS2 but my only concern is that I would have to end up running the PC 24/7 for the event triggers to work.

Thanks for any info
    hs will probably never support download to the powerlinc. hs2 is designed to run 24/7 so no need to download.

the smarthome manager is x10 only, works with switchlinc devices only, and is rather old for HA technology. I bought and used it once and found it very limiting. The sky is the limit with HS2.

you should consider Insteon and the ISY if you like Smarthome products. The ISY is a standalone HA controller (ie no computer)

that said, what is your current plan or setup?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

thanks for your response

My system is a mix of vanilla X10, X10 Pro, Smarthome (non-Insteon) and Leviton X10 devices I got off eBay for a bargain. A full Insteon system would probably cost at least triple what I've paid for the X10 system so I didn't think it was worth the money.

ISY is my preferred option but again, at this time point, $350 is quite steep. $200 is actually the upper limit of my budget.

Running a server 24/7 is something I have considered but my only concern is that I will be out of the house for college and my mom isn't very technically savvy to be able to troubleshoot anything more complex than a CD player.

This might be the wrong place to ask, but do you know of any other software that support download?

Comment

Just download and install a version of VNC on your HomeSeer computer and set it up for remote access. That way, you'll be able to connect to your home system from school and troubleshoot it yourself, if you encounter a problem.

RealVNC (free version) - http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/index.html
        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by zerolife View Post
          thanks for your response

My system is a mix of vanilla X10, X10 Pro, Smarthome (non-Insteon) and Leviton X10 devices I got off eBay for a bargain. A full Insteon system would probably cost at least triple what I've paid for the X10 system so I didn't think it was worth the money.

ISY is my preferred option but again, at this time point, $350 is quite steep. $200 is actually the upper limit of my budget.

Running a server 24/7 is something I have considered but my only concern is that I will be out of the house for college and my mom isn't very technically savvy to be able to troubleshoot anything more complex than a CD player.

This might be the wrong place to ask, but do you know of any other software that support download?

there are of course other x10 hardwares that support download, but i do not know of any specific sw for the 1132cu. you might try posting/searching at the smarthome forum
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
          X