Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Calendar

Hi All,
    Been trying for ages (I really can't believe I was once long ago, a programmer!) to figure out how to script an interface to Google Calendar for use in HS. There are some excellent calendars for HS but I specifically want to interface to Google as my family use it for scheduling.

I can find java script examples, and .NET examples etc, but my poor little (and ageing) brain cannot handle converting these for use in a HS script called from an HS event. I specifically like the TCCAL facility to read out a daily agenda, and would like the same facility for Google.

This may be a tall order, but if anyone can assist my ageing and aching brain in getting started it would be much appreciated. Anything... Just a start and I'll take it from there ..

Thanks
    Ron

There was a mention of some code in this thread. Maybe contacting one of these guys may help.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...oogle+calendar
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Almost five hours Rupp. You're slipping
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Almost five hours Rupp. You're slipping
        Yea, I'm getting old

Comment

At least he's still able to answer. We'll have to get the Auto-Rupp up and running pretty soon!
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yep, and his response wasn't the typical:

Have you submitted a trouble ticket!

-Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I think the interest was lost, and I just have too many things on my plate to try and do a project of this size by myself.

I do however still really want this application as I very heavily rely on google calendar.

I'd like to bribe blade or jon to write this, but I'm not sure if either are interested, and I think they already have their own method for calendaring.

Maybe tenholder would be interested.
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Ron actually PM'ed me yesterday and I gave him assistance on how to import the Google DLL's within a VB.NET script. He was happy with that and was off to use some code he found.
                Jon

Comment

Google Calendar and HS??

Does anyone actually integrated the Google calendar into HS?? I do not want to double-post so the original question is here:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=53
                  Could you PLEASE take a look?

Thanks!
                  Marty

Comment

I've downloaded the SDK but not taken a look at it. It was something I was going to write over the next couple months. I'm surprised there is not one already.

Comment

As far as I know, no-one has taken this any further.

I've got my google cal syncing with my phone, and it's alerts seem to be good enough for me.

As much as I'd like to tie it into homeseer, I don't have the time. I tried creating some steam behind this project, but no-one jumped in with any help.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

You have embers here. Near Thanksgiving I have some time off that could be filled with this project.

Comment

What level of integration are you guys looking for? I've got some code I started a while back but could decide how to integrate it with HomeSeer.

Comment

Here is my plan:

Phase 1:
                            Single account access
                            html front end to view by month, week, day
                            Create appointments
                            Recurring appointments
                            Some HS events (meeting about to start TTS (maybe even phone and email, though all of the notification falls under the control of a different plugin I did for myself. i may release that as well), what is going to today, give me the N upcoming, etc)

Phase 2:
                            Integration with HST

If requested:
                            Multiple accounts

Comment

Can you sync google calendar to outlook and use BLOutlook or some other outlook plugin to control?

Comment

Working...
                              X