Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple question i should know the answer to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question i should know the answer to...

Hi,

I have the attached script to switch the heat/cooling on in my daughters bedroom. It currently activates at 'night' between sunset and sunlight. I want to actually have it activate between 7pm and 9am, but every combination of the logic on the 'before and after' script doesn't do what I want.

I am sure I am missing something obvious - but can't grasp it.

How do I get this to work?

Thanks

Jon
    Attached Files

I have found that HS time conditions do not cross midnight all that well.

In your conditions you will want something like:

Home: On AND Away: Off AND Time After 7pm AND time before 11:59pm

OR

Home: On AND Away: Off AND Time After 12am AND time before 9am

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
      Hi,

I have the attached script to switch the heat/cooling on in my daughters bedroom. It currently activates at 'night' between sunset and sunlight. I want to actually have it activate between 7pm and 9am, but every combination of the logic on the 'before and after' script doesn't do what I want.

I am sure I am missing something obvious - but can't grasp it.

How do I get this to work?

Thanks

Jon
      So I think I see your point; you want to activate the script before 9 AM OR after 7 PM. Problem is they are different days.

I think the best thing to do would be to have two events which do the same thing.

If you could change it to an "OR" condition; that would be what you want to do. I am playing around here and I cannot seems to change the conditional boolean operator. I tried searching for "OR" with numerous results.

The other answer is to use DeMorgan's theorem to convert your OR condition into an AND condition; but that makes things unreadable.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Ahh; you can add OR conditions by adding groups; my bad.

729 for a temperature; damn that is hot. <g>

You could have a virtual device that comes on at 7PM and shuts off at 9AM and then use that.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Thank you both for your help. I was too deep into the problem to see the obvious - an OR statement works great - I knew I would kick myself when I got to the solution.

729 is the temp I get from my RFXCOM for 72.9 - took me a while to figure that one out too - why it never turned the cool on if >73

Jon

Comment

an easy way to cross midnight is to create a virtual device then have 2 events that trigger on absolute time, one to turn the virtual on, the other to turn the virtual off, then use the virtual as a single condition or as a trigger for your event
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
            X