electrical pulse sound going through speakers and intercoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical pulse sound going through speakers and intercoms

I just rewired my batcave, and ever since I finished, I've noticed there is a low volume "pulse" that goes through the whole house audio speakers as well as the intercom speakers. They are on an entirely different system, and I'm struggling to think of what could be causing the exact same sound to be on both systems. I'm thinking it's likely to be some sort of wiring that's not shielded or grounded or whatever.

any ideas?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

I could be so many things it's hard to know where to start. I'm assuming you didn't have this before the re-wiring.

Can you pin it down to any particular electrical equipment or is it more constant?

Did the equipment for both systems get moved, meaning is the batcave in a different spot than it once was?

If it was moved and re-wired is there enough separation between low and high voltage wiring?

Can you hear the pulses even though the amps for the intercom and/or WHA are turned off or even unplugged?

Can you hear it more on one than the other?

Check that all equipment is properly grounded and bonded.

It's a start and first you need to determine where the noise is coming from.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

My one-wire network creates some cross-talk on my speakers in the garage. I would suggest you turn off one-by-one each accessory that might be creating the digital noise. Once you know where it is coming from, you may have to run a new wire, away from the speaker wiring.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Something to try, I had a problem with my system which produced a light but annoying buzz in the speaker system. I had the power amp plugged into a different circuit from the fusebox than the computer. Both circuits were grounded, but still produced the buzz. plugging both into the same circuit cured the problem.

Comment

This works for me.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062214

Comment

Originally posted by Sam99 View Post
            Something to try, I had a problem with my system which produced a light but annoying buzz in the speaker system. I had the power amp plugged into a different circuit from the fusebox than the computer. Both circuits were grounded, but still produced the buzz. plugging both into the same circuit cured the problem.
            so, first of all, yes, the sound is new, it was not there before i did the rewire. one new thing is that both the amps are plugged in to a new UPS. I'll try bypassing that when i get home.

Thanks!
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Also tried to replace the power supply for my amp and use my main power supply. I run 5,8 and 12 volts off of one main supply. I ended up getting a lot of noise and had to go back to the separate power supply. It did a great job of filtering the noise.
              Stuart

Comment

With audio the grounding rules are reversed, unless you plan on grabbing ahold of the equipment with wet bare feet on dirt or concrete... don't ground your audio system. I have 2 prong to 3 prong adapters on ALL my audio video equipment, which lift the ground. Ground loops are av's best enemy
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?
                I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I was mistaken originally. it was not my whole house audio that was emitting the noise, it was the speakers on the intercom.

I unplugged the 1 wire network, and the noise is gone now. that makes sense, because there are some wire runs that are cat5 and I use 4 for the intercom, 2 for 1wire (and other two used for other things, some times door sensor, sometimes IR, etc.)

It could be because I've connected 1 wire and/or intercom at the wiring closet end, and not yet and the other end of the zone. I'll put this on hold for now until I get the rest of the devices installed, then if the problem persists, I'll burn that bridge when i get there.

thanks for all the input!
                  Plugins:

Comment

I installed this audio isolation transformer between the audio card output and my whole-house audio system. It completely eliminated the low level "buzz'

http://www.jkaudio.com/pureformer.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X