Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XPCR Repeater Amplifier

Hi All, I have a quick question about the XPCR repeater/amplifier:

If I am using this, do I also need to use a phase coupler? It seems that I wouldnt, but I have read at least two articles that recommend both /shrug

Originally posted by someguysname View Post
    Hi All, I have a quick question about the XPCR repeater/amplifier:

If I am using this, do I also need to use a phase coupler? It seems that I wouldnt, but I have read at least two articles that recommend both /shrug
    the xpcr is a phase coupler, that is what the C in its name stands for, the R is for repeater

you should be all set
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I just got back from Lowes with a box to mount it in since I didnt want to just throw it in the breaker panel so now it's time to tear into the wall

Comment

Do you have spare breakers or are piggy backing existing ones?

I had to swap out full size breakers for skinny ones to avoid piggy backing

Good luck
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I had one spare one in the panel from when I retro'd my closet for all of my networking and HA gear. I picked up an extra while at lowes so the repeater wouldnt be sharing a load with anything on either phase.

I do wonder though, would it be ok to have the cm11a on the same circuit? If so then I can throw it all into this one box and be done. Right now my cm11a shares a socket with my washing machine.

Comment

Since the xpcr is connected right at the panel and it couples the phases it is logically connected to every circuit thus shouldn't be a prob
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

heheh I guess you're right I'll file this under "DUH" and move on now
              Last edited by someguysname; June 20, 2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X