Slider/Window Bar Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slider/Window Bar Monitor

We put a bar into the slider track to ensure the sliding glass door does not get opened. But of course it sometimes gets doesn't get back in place.

So I mounted a plunger switch into the end of the bar and hooked it to a DS10a. When the bar is in place it sends a Normal signal and an Alert signal if the bar is not in place.

For the bar I go to Home Depot and get what is known as rot-free exterior trim. It is made out of plastic.

Regards- Bill
    Attached Files

~Bill

Cool idea. I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Bill,
      Where did you get the plunger switch?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They take PayPal and they are just over $2 a piece.
        They have a screw on the end so it has some adjustability.

http://www.alarmcontacts.com/product...c2cdf321d295e5

~Bill

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill Brower;873989][FONT=Tahoma]We put a bar into the slider track to ensure the sliding glass door does not get opened.

Make sure you put 2 hex head bolts, evenly spaced across the top track of your door when closed, so that the door CAN NOT be lifted out of the track, Adjust the bolts down to just let the door pass into the closed position. These doors are made to be lifted out of the track for easy installation, but can be lifted in the closed position with a slider bar in place.

The hex bolts stop this,

Comment

Thanks OE,
            I double checked and there are two molded in pieces on the closed side of the frame to do that.

Cheers!

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X