Homeseer Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Bar

Now that's what I call a practical application of Home Automation. Now if it could only deliver the drink and your newspaper to you recliner, you'd be all set.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Interesting.

How do you control/work the glasses? If you order two drinks must you setup two glasses in advance of ordering?

Comment

Actually my wife says that I have her senuous automation to get the paper and drink...you know, "since you was up, can you get the drink?"

No glass control...place it under the tap and hit the drink button. One drink order at a time.

Comment

I see. Better have that glass in place before hitting the button!

Comment

Here is the great thing, in addition to being a great Homeseer project and party pleaser. It is basically the bartender. All I have to due is set up a script once for whatever drink I can make out of the 15 bottles, and then I am done. Set up a computer or leave the cell next to the bar at a party, and just replace bottles every now and then. No need to have my bartender handbook out, or try and remember what is in a drink.

As with every drink I pour I try and have a glass ready first ;-)

Comment

Excellent! But you know how home automation works - never done! Now you need to work on monitoring booze levels and alerting you when something goes empty - you don't want anyone getting a Shirley Temple when they asked for a Tropical Itch!

Comment

Weatherman,

I think it is an original idea.
                I think this might help you for extra ideas to expand it
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAZ5esOBZw

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

That's crazy-cool!

So, my first two questions are:

1. parts list/cost of material?
                  2. how does it interface with HS?

Ian
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

That final touch

Very nice, but it calls out for HST running on a small touch screen right there on the bar. Touch the picture of your favorite drink...

Barry

Comment

Now that's inventive! You MUST create a video of this in action! If you do that, I'll add it to our HomeSeer YouTube channel.

Mark
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Great ideas

EkuyKendal - Great idea. What I may do on that end is program in some events and devices in Homeseer to act as drink "counters" each drink ordered will increase the count on the device and when it reaches a certain count determined by the size of the bottle I'm using, then a message will be sent by homeseer to replace the bottle. Probably something over the speakers like...."hey we need more booze over here!"

w.vuyk - hahaha. I laughed myself silly. My wife wasn't impressed. :-)

Completelyhis - You know I started with an excel file with a list of parts. It had my estimated cost and then the actual amount I spent. After my first couple of purchases I stopped. I did't ever want the spousal unit to see that amount. ;-) Let me get back to you on that later tonite when I can list it all out. I will tell you it was rather spendy. I'm sure some of the price can be cut out by other construction methods or means of "pouring" For instance the bar doesn't necessarily have to be CO2 fed. You could construct for gravity feed operation. Then you wouldn't need the CO2 or certain valves and tubing.

Barry - I agree. I think that once I get some time I can create an HTML page to add to HomeSeer that has all of that. Then that PDA(that isn't being used since the smart phone purchase) can just be left in a cradle with WiFi active and left on that homeseer page.

Macromark - I'll get on that. I don't suppose a video from my phone will be high enough resolution though will it?

Comment

Working...
                        X