X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRONG switches, ZRW103 and ZTW103?

to all
    smartstick, and homeseer basic.

Pole light, outside, I installed a ZRW103.
    NO traveler wire available.

I bought a ZTW103 for INSIDE.

AM I able to control the ZRW103, remotely, with the ZTW103, with associations?

The manual is slightly murky on this, it seems the ZRW103 can CONTROL associations, but not sure if it ACCEPTS associations to control its own load?

Also, if set as group 2 (does not look like it accepts Group 1), can IT control its own load with a SINGLE tap of switch, even though the remote would control it with two taps?

we rent a small lakehouse, and new arrivals would be clueless as to hitting the outside (pole light) switch 2 times;
    at least I can LABEL the inside switch to hit twice to shut the light off

thanks
    Nick

The answer is yes, you can associate group 2 to the ZRW103. Just associated the ZTW103 to the ZRW103 on group 2. You are correct in the group 1 is not supported. Note that the group is only used on the transmitter, its not relevant on the reciever. The receiver can be any Z-Wave lighting device.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Excellent, thanks for reply.

QUESTION
      will ZRW103 still be able to turn its specific load on/off with one tap of switch?

QUESTION #2
      the scenario of several of the light-switch associations (light A, Light B, light C, each with their own master and remote switch), can they each be their own group 2 associations, or do all th group 2's in the house get tied together?

thanks very much.
      Nick

Comment

1: Yes
        2: Each one has its own association, but you can associate up to 5 devices to each master if you want.

Originally posted by aoz View Post
        Excellent, thanks for reply.

QUESTION
        will ZRW103 still be able to turn its specific load on/off with one tap of switch?

QUESTION #2
        the scenario of several of the light-switch associations (light A, Light B, light C, each with their own master and remote switch), can they each be their own group 2 associations, or do all th group 2's in the house get tied together?

thanks very much.
        Nick
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X