Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOmeseer and LD11 / LW12

Hi there

I am a newbie but quite tech savvy. I have just installed some X-10 lighting and have some questions please:

1/ What device do I tell Homeseer I have for each of the LD11 and the LW12's? At the moment I am using device "Light Switch". Is that correct?

2/ I have read some things on the dimming on these boards. I have installed each of the receivers with momentary switches. The issue is that not every time my family uses the lights will they do so from a remote control. They will be using the switches as well. ON this basis, what event should I set up to be able to ensure whenever I turn the lights on they will go to 100% bright? i.e. Is there a way to basically reset them when they have been turned off at the light switch itself?

FYI... I am using a CM15 on my computer - USB Connected.

Thanks!

It does not really matter what you assign the unit as, the main difference if light module will give you on/off and dim on the devices page, an appliance module does not offer dim and status only offers no control.

As for brighten the lights if you use an event tell it to bright to 100% and select bright first in the drop down. From an event use the script command DDIM 100% or BRIGHT 100%
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The LD11 has extended X10 support, therefore I would suggest you select the Leviton 6381 for those devices. You do not need to go to 100% bright first as these support direct dimming.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        ............You do not need to go to 100% bright first as these support direct dimming.
        I stand corrected; as always.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Awesome.. thanks guys.. that will help. I will play and see how I go.

Also.. you guys know of a driver for the CM15 that works on Vista (or even windows 7)?? I am running a virtual XP machine on my windows 7 box now and that works but would be good to run it natively.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by raltit View Post
            FYI... I am using a CM15 on my computer - USB Connected.
            Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            The LD11 has extended X10 support, therefore I would suggest you select the Leviton 6381 for those devices. You do not need to go to 100% bright first as these support direct dimming.
            Jon, not sure that the HS plugin for the CM15 supports extended commands...

Originally posted by Rupp (June 7th, 2009)
            See this support page.
            http://www.homeseer.com/support/cm15a.htm
            The plugin doesn't include extended support.
            However, I did just notice this:
            Originally posted by Rupp (June 11th, 2009)
            This is a know issue with this plugin. We have someone working on this now and he will contact you via your help desk ticket.
            Probably best to check in w/ Rupp on the status of this fix.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
            X