Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help programming - new user

Sam,
    If I'm following you, you need the ability to temporarily stop execution of the events during the time you clean is this correct?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Sam,
      If I'm following you, you need the ability to temporarily stop execution of the events during the time you clean is this correct?
      No, the timed event should continue running, manual control of a device is independant of the timed event.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the problem. HS can control the pool pump with timed events. Four events, one for each automatic time point.

You can also set up events that trigger off the switch. One event turns on the pump if the switch changes to On. Another to turn off the pump if the switch changes to Off. If your manual events check the status of the switch as a condition, then the pump will always reflect the condition of the switch. If you use the status change as the trigger, then the event will only run when you change the state of the switch. Is that what you want to do?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Another thought - You could also trigger your manual override events on 'Received X10', since you are using an X10 switch.

(HS usually gives you lots of options for how to do things. In many cases there are at least 3 or 4 ways to do what you want. That makes it quite versatile, but the learning curve can be frustrating.)
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

thanks all for responding, I'm using my pool pump control as an example, my "other" programming issues become far more complex when these control switches are introduced (when compared with my previous controller)

back to the pump control problem ... mixing timed events and manual control of a single end point device, I can't find a programming solution where both can co-exist;

So perhaps I need to ask a basic question:
            What is the best solution for control in HomeSeer for basic control from Leviton switch (C7 state = either On or Off) to control end device D1 (pool pump) :
            Received X10
            Condition
            Manual
            Device status change

I accept if the timed event turns on or off, this could over-ride the current status of the end point D1.

edit: After trying numerious events types, I added "Device Status Change" and this seems to work so far (I think).

Now I need to add a level of complexity that I actual had on my DOS based controller.
            A stop command to over-ride a timed based event, for example:

where C7 = control switch
            Where D1 = end device

Timed event = 18:00 D1 Off
            actual command = IF C7 ON;Stop;Else D1 off

Timed event executes first checking the status of C7 before continuing, if on, the timed event will abort and the time event is then killed, otherwise the timed event sends "off" to end point device D1.

How do you write simple "if : stop : else" commands ?
            Last edited by ; June 14, 2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sneezzer View Post
              So perhaps I need to ask a basic question:
              What is the best solution for control in HomeSeer for basic control from Leviton switch (C7 state = either On or Off) to control end device D1 (pool pump) :
              Received X10
              Condition
              Manual
              Device status change

I accept if the timed event turns on or off, this could over-ride the current status of the end point D1.
              There is probably no universal "best" solution. I'm usually satisfied with one that works in my situation. I think you will find that the classic "it depends" response will usually get invoked.

That said, given my understanding of what you want to do, I think using device status change would be the most general. If you try it and find that it doesn't do what you want, then by describing why it isn't working as you intend can help us understand the problem in more detail.

EDIT: You got ahead of me. Glad to hear it's working.
              Last edited by Uncle Michael; June 14, 2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sneezzer View Post
                Now I need to add a level of complexity that I actual had on my DOS based controller.
                A stop command to over-ride a timed based event, for example:

where C7 = control switch
                Where D1 = end device

Timed event = 18:00 D1 Off
                actual command = IF C7 ON;Stop;Else D1 off

Timed event executes first checking the status of C7 before continuing, if on, the timed event will abort and the time event is then killed, otherwise the timed event sends "off" to end point device D1.

How do you write simple "if : stop : else" commands ?
                I think placing a condition on your timed event will do what you want. (In the setup screen for the timed event, check the "Apply Conditions" check box on the Trigger tab.) For example, if you have a timed event to turn the pump off, have it check to see if C7 is Off. That way, it will only turn the pump off if C7 is also off.

More complex testing can be done, but you will probably need to write a script in most cases to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  I think placing a condition on your timed event will do what you want. (In the setup screen for the timed event, check the "Apply Conditions" check box on the Trigger tab.) For example, if you have a timed event to turn the pump off, have it check to see if C7 is Off. That way, it will only turn the pump off if C7 is also off.

More complex testing can be done, but you will probably need to write a script in most cases to do it.

I'm lost ... tried to use "Condition", but I don't understand how to tie to existing events ?
                  As for scripts, I have no experience writing code ... but I did check the help section script writing, still lost.

How can I get help ?

Comment

To attach a condition to an existing event you need to be editing the existing event, in this case your event that is triggered by absolute time. On the Trigger tab you will see a check box for "Apply Condition" (see below). Once you check that box, you will see a drop down to select what kind of condition to apply. In this case I've chosen 'Device'. (Just above the first Save/Cancel pair.)

Once you choose the condition in the drop down, click on the 'Submit' button to the right and the display will change to include more information pertinent to the condition you chose. (It may not be obvious, but between the two Save/Cancel pairs is what the condition selection changes to.) In this case, it asks what device and what condition of that device. I selected a lighting device, you'd choose your switch, then Status of Off. Once you have the condition described, press the 'ADD' button and the condition will become part of the event trigger and you'll see a 'Currently set conditions:' entry on the screen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X