Roboform and Firefox installed on my HomeTroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roboform and Firefox installed on my HomeTroller

I just noticed that Firefox and a program called "Roboform" were installed on my HT2. I did NOT install them. A reboot removed them but I'm concerned about how they got there. Anybody know what Roboform is and how it, and Firefox, may have gotten installed on my HT without my doing so?

A quick Bing search turned up this:
    http://www.roboform.com

Have you installed ANY new software lately? Many software packages bring this bloat ware with it.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I have been using Roboform for many years. It maintains and automatically logs into all my accounts to various web pages, and it is fairly secure. I would doubt that Roboform in itself is a culprit.
      Mike

Comment

I didn't phrase my question very well. I did a Google search (I don't know what a "bing" search is) and found some information on Roboform. I know what Firefox is.

What I'm really trying to find out is how, specifically, this is related to HomeTroller and/or HomeSeer. I'm very confident that I did not install either of them on my HT (if I did, I'm getting a LOT more forgetful than I realize! ) but they were definitely there. They had not been committed to the C drive though, so all I did was reboot and they were gone.

Comment

These do not come installed on a HT nor the flash restore drive so someone or something must have loaded these items. Maybe one of those senior moments we have from time to time?

PS http://www.bing.com/
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

These do not come installed on a HT nor the flash restore drive so someone or something must have loaded these items. Maybe one of those senior moments we have from time to time?
            I know they don't come installed. I've had it for several months and they weren't there until recently. I know "something" installed them but that's what I'm trying to figure out -- what did it. I know for a fact that it wasn't anybody here because I'm the only one who would know how and I know I didn't do it. It's really bizarre.

Comment

Working...
            X