conditional events and changing device names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conditional events and changing device names

So if i build events based on the condition on a device, then i change the name of the device (but it still has the same device code) I noticed that the name of the device in the condition remains as the old device name. does that mean the condition is tagged to the device name and not the device ID, and that I am going to have to redo all those conditions?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Sounds like something is amiss with your setup. If I change the name of a device that is part of a condition in an event, the name of the device in the event changes to the new device name. I assume you have refreshed your events list after changing the device's name....
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

well, i didn't really change the name, i deleted the devices, and recreated them, but gave them different names. the only thing that is the same is the device ID.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X