Email Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Issue

I have tried two different SMTP Servers and cant seem to get my homeseer Pro100 to send emails. I get the following message in the log:

7/13/2009 11:17:01 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.
    7/13/2009 11:17:49 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.
    7/13/2009 11:18:36 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.
    7/13/2009 11:19:23 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.
    7/13/2009 11:19:23 AM - Warning - Sending email To: Mark aborted after 4 tries

Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Mark

Who is your service provider for email?
    Jon

Comment

I have accounts with GTE/Verizon and COX communications. My company email server that I would rather use closed port 25 and HS does not seem to allow setup of port information.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

You can specify the port number in the Email setup page for both SMTP and POP:

smtp.att.yahoo.com:465

Best regards,
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Thats the same error I got when I first tried to setup an email alert.

Check if your provider wants to use SSL. I was unable to use gmail for Homeseer like I did with Beyond TV. Took me a few min to figure out why. But my provider does not use SSL and it worked fine. I never even thought to try them first since I don't use them for email normally.

It might be possible for HS to use SSL but I never saw any settings for it in the email part when I was setting it up.

Comment

I tried to set the port for two email servers that I use and I got the same error. All three email servers that I have access to use SSL. It's never easy is it...

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Do a serach for Stunnel on this board which will get around the SSL limitation.
              Jon

Comment

+1 for STunnel. Works very well for SSL email...
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

+1 for Stunnel as well..

I use it to have Homeseer use a Gmail account.

It took a bit of time to figure out.. but the forum's on Jon00's site aand this board had all the information i need.

(I didn't take notes.. so it would be hard to recreate.. it was a couple years ago...)

But i know it works.
                  Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for your help with the mirror site for STunnel. Got it downloaded and folled the directions in the HS post for Gmail.

Everything works GREAT...

Thanks again,

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X