AT&T unlimited texting plan -- question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT&T unlimited texting plan -- question

I just added events to SMS me (in addition to my previous emails). I use the "sms gateway" by sending an email to phonenumber@txt.att.net. Works great. I have the iPhone unlimited texting plan for $20/mo.

However, I seem to remember a friend WITH UNLIMITED TEXTING telling me they got charged for each SMS sent via the email gateway, but they are on verizon.

Does anyone know for sure if "email to sms" messages are covered under the unlimited texting plan on AT&T?

Thanks.

I have unlimited text via Verizon and they do not change for emails via the email gateway. Not sure about AT&T though.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by robert1 View Post
      I just added events to SMS me (in addition to my previous emails). I use the "sms gateway" by sending an email to phonenumber@txt.att.net. Works great. I have the iPhone unlimited texting plan for $20/mo.

However, I seem to remember a friend WITH UNLIMITED TEXTING telling me they got charged for each SMS sent via the email gateway, but they are on verizon.

Does anyone know for sure if "email to sms" messages are covered under the unlimited texting plan on AT&T?

Thanks.
      I have all of the alerts from network outages etc at work going to my phone and alerts from HS going to my phone. I have never been charged extra for sending a txt through email....

Comment

After several days of sms-email gateway texts sent via homeseer to my AT&T iPhone, I can confirm that these texts/sms ARE included at no extra charge in my texting package.

Thanks.

Comment

I have both HS and my Elk M1 sending me text messages on ATT, sometimes several times per day if there are significant activities in the house. No extra charge. Had Verizon in the past, and no extra charge there, either. For both, they just count against your normal limit if you have one, and are of no consequence if you have the unlimited plan.

BTW, I used to feel compelled to check in on the house to make sure things were OK when away (vacation, etc.,). After setting up several different text reports (doors open from house sitter, dog walker, etc.; house armed / disarmed; temperature hitting certain levels) I found that I was nicely informed that all was well, and didn't even log in during a week in the islands recently. GREAT feature to use...
          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
          X