Where is Blink Rate Stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Blink Rate Stored?

I have a Post light that I control with a UPB RELAY becasue there is another UPB device down-stream that is ONLY available when the Relay is charged...

Problem/Question...

I have the Relay set to BLINK during a special event...

Most of the time everything works fine with a 1-second blink on 1-second Off for 30 seconds.

Every once in awhile though it goes NUTS, BUZZING or blinking as fast as the poor relay will go.

There is only ONE routine that can call the BLINK, and there is no option as to how fast to blink, so how do I set it to blink 1on/1off always??

thanks...

PS...still no error msgs for unplugged devices at anything less than Debug level.

I don't know that I've ever seen a setting for the blink rate, just that you can have it blink if you like. I do that for one outside like when my phone rings, I can't say I've ever seen the behavior you describe though.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I believe I use different blink rates for xapmcsUPB so this is a programmable function. I do not know if the capability was made available with the HS UPB plugin.

Comment

There must be a "system" variable somewhere that 'occasionally' is set weird...

Probably 1 in 10 trips goes Buzzzzz rather than click/clunk/click/clunk....

Comment

Following is my config/upb.ini file. BlinkRate specifies the blink rate for all UPB devices.

[Startup]
          LoadHouseCode=[
          LinkHouseCode=\
          ComPort= 5
          ExportFilePath=C:\Files\UPB\EJT37.upe
          DetailedLog= 1
          PollOnStartup= 1
          LEDTracking= 0
          ResetKeypads= 0
          ResendOnNoAck= 1
          NumTransmissions= 2
          ForceLinkChange= 1
          AddUPBButtons= 0
          RepeaterDevice= 0
          ToRepeater= 0
          SetToUnknown= 0
          BlinkRate=15

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Interesting....
            Mine is different...

[Startup]
            ComPort= 5
            ExportFilePath=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Bellwoods.upe
            DetailedLog= 1
            PollOnStartup= 1
            LEDTracking= 1
            ResetKeypads= 1
            ResendOnNoAck= 1
            ForceLinkChange= 1
            NumTransmissions= 1
            AddUPBButtons= 1
            RepeaterDevice= 0
            ToRepeater= 0
            LinkHouseCode=[
            LoadHouseCode=\
            I will add the Blinkrate line... what is that value (15) represent?

What version of the UPB plug-in are you using?

PS... are you getting error msgs on failed transmissions?

Comment

I'm using version 1.0.2.7

BlinkRate has to be added manually.

I do not get error messages for failed transmissions.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

What is a blinkrate of 15?

Is that 15 blinks a min or
                150ms or
                What?

Let me know so I know how to set it pls...

Comment

tenholde

Comment

Sorry to revisit this...

But...

My post lamp still occasionaly goes BUZZZZZ rather than BLINK BLINK and I have the blinkrate line in my ini file.

Any more thoughts....

I tried a new thread and it was ignored...

Comment

I still have not gotten a USABLE response to being able to set the Blink rate, and have eaten ANOTHER CFL Bulb as it really doesn't like it when the Relay goes BUZZZZZZZ.....

About 1 in 4 uses of the relay result in a BUZZZZ rather than a CLICK....Click....

It seems such a simple thing, why won't HomeSeer even address it???

Comment

Uhm... Hello???

Why does HS seem to ignore UPB when it is the best solution... They may have bought into Z-Wave, but in high noise situations, it is just like X10, only worse...

How about some UPB support !!!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I quit recommending HomeSeer as a software controller because all of their effort appears to be aimed at Z-Wave, which if the description of all recent releases is any indication, they are having trouble getting it to work well.

The value of a software controller like HomeSeer is the ability to merge multiple technologies. HomeSeer has clearly decided Z-Wave is the future and has cast their vote that way.

Too bad,

tenholde
                          tenholde

Comment

Is Jon Ort still maintaining this plug-in, or has HST now taken over responsibility?
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I cannot comment on your UPB issues (other than to suggest you might have a faulty relay), but I can say that you should never use a regular CFL in the way you describe. They are absolutely not designed to handle frequent on/off cycles. Many of them also do not like cold, which will just hasten their demise when switched frequently. You need to look for cold-cathode compact fluorescent (or CCFL). Most are designed to be flashed and dimmed and work well in cold situations (most will specify that they are suitable for use in signage, where they may be turned off/on several times a minute.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X