Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to save device state to file

About 25 times each day I receive the following message in my log file:
    Unable to save device state to file: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\device_state_tmp.txt' is denied. Line: 0
    Sometimes it appears every minute (exactly) for 10 or 15 minutes in a row, and then the message disappears - presumably, HS has gained access to the file. Homeseer seems to be functioning OK other than this problem.

Any ideas how I can fix it? It started occurring without any warning - no changes to the system, as far as I recall.

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm using version 2.2.0.66

Comment

Bump ???

Comment

Is that file marked read only?

Comment

No, it's not marked read only. I know of no changes that I made to the system - this problem seemed to begin by itself.

Comment

Did you get this working?

Comment

The error seems to have gone away, at least for now (and I didn't do anything...) Oh well,

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                  The error seems to have gone away, at least for now (and I didn't do anything...) Oh well,
                  If you are running an anti-virus package, these can some times lock a file while scanning which keeps it from being written to.

Comment

I am running an anti virus program - I will check that out, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X