Latest Vista updates crashing HS speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Vista updates crashing HS speaker

Anyone having crashing problems with Vista from this months updates. I have been running with auto update on my Vista box for a year with no problems. A update the came in on the 15th or so was causing crashes so I restored to 8-3 and all is well but forgot to turn off auto update and this morning it was dead again after update. Restored and fine again. Anybody have problems like this? Should I just leave it off or is there some other ideads?

Thanks

Sounds like that may be a bad update for you. I would simply skip that one and wait for the next one.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Running Vista and no problems here...have all available updates installed.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I have not been able to the speaker to work one of my Vista machines. Is there a trick or something special that I should be doing? It was an XP machine that came with the Vista upgrade and I never got the speaker to work, so I went back to XP. Not a big deal, but XP is basicly gone and I need to make sure that I can get the speaker to work with vista.

Thanks, and sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

Comment

Speaker running fine here under Vista Ultimate with all updates.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
            I have not been able to the speaker to work one of my Vista machines. Is there a trick or something special that I should be doing? It was an XP machine that came with the Vista upgrade and I never got the speaker to work, so I went back to XP. Not a big deal, but XP is basicly gone and I need to make sure that I can get the speaker to work with vista.

Thanks, and sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

What vesion of HS are you trying? what sort of error/symptom are you experiencing?

Ian
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Sound like this update may be changing some firewall settings that may be blocking connections. What is the exact issue?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                What vesion of HS are you trying? what sort of error/symptom are you experiencing?

Ian
                The HS version is 2.3.0.19, the errors I don't really remember. After I couldn't get it to work, I gave up, thinking that the speaker client didn't wok with Vista. But since it seems like it is working for everone else, I will try it again and see what I get.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum View Post
                  Speaker running fine here under Vista Ultimate with all updates.
                  Same Here

Comment

Working...
                  X