Whole house audio preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole house audio preference?

Building a new house. Current Homeseer user. I REALLY want a whole house audio system. Looking for a system that will play my mp3 library, playlists, and handle homeseer announcements as a page. I would like the ability to mute, annouce and unmute all zones for annoucements. Anyone have suggestions for equipment? I have considered ab8ss route, but I like the idea of having nice keypads in each room, not married to the idea though. Integrated intercom a plus!

AB8SS (if available)?
    Multizone amp systems with HS plugin?
    A-BUS?

Anyone with suggestions?

This is very dependant on budget. I know that Russound and Nuvo have a lot of really good options, and can be integrated into HS.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Yeah, I agree budget definitely will drive my purchase, but I was willing to go up to 3 grand or so. I think there are a number of options there. I can't find the AB8SS for sale anywhere, so that is off the table.

Comment

Some of us use multiple sound cards with something like JRMC to control the zones, but it sounds like you may be looking for a higher end setup.

Comment

ab8ss, made by hacs, is no longer available because, for at least the time being, HACS has gone out of business. Depending on how many zone's you're wanting, you could most likely hit your budget with russound or nuvo.

if you are considering nuvo, i'd recommend contacting JackPod, he's quite the expert on their products.
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by bdhall View Post
            Some of us use multiple sound cards with something like JRMC to control the zones, but it sounds like you may be looking for a higher end setup.
            That's what I use. My total cost was about $250-300 for 9 zones.

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by jwaldo1301 View Post
              I was willing to go up to 3 grand or so.
              How many independent zones are you looking for? If you try, I think you can get a Russound CAV6.6 for six zones and an IPod or IMac interface close to your budget (Worthington), but not much left for speakers.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Russound

My budget was a bit less than yours, but I did spring for a Russound amp (the 4 zone model) and can say that it is a dream to automate.

I paired it with 4 sound cards and JMRC and it has served me well.

Comment

I have used JRMC and Delta 410's with separate 2 channel receivers for years to provide a quality setup for minimum costs. Each auxiliary zone cost me around $60 to add. Check out my Now Playing project blog/showcase
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X