Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TI103 Receives but is not Transmitting

Hi,

I just purchased a TI103 for those siwtches that have not been swapped to the Cooper Z-wave.

I got it hooked up to HSPro using the 2.0.0.5 Plug-in. When I look in the log, I can see when another X10 controller sends commands, and the light respoonds correctly. BUT when I send the command using HS through te TI103, I see it in the log but the device does not respond.

My assumption is that the TI103 is not transitting. Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this, or do I just have a bad device?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Vector

What do you mean by " I can see when another X10 controller sends commands" If you have another X10 interface installed it can affect the X10 signals being transmitted. Are you seeing the transmitted commands in the HomeSeer log file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you set the internal DIP switches before installing? If not, here is how they should be set for North America:

Ti103 DIP switch settings for the USA (from the manual):
      1 - OFF (Checksum override) Off for normal, On for testing
      2 - OFF (Start Code Filter) ON requires that the powerline be silent for at least 4 cycles prior or receiving a 'start code' (per the X10 spec). OFF ignores this rule and accepts any vallid 'start code.'
      3 - OFF (Lower Sensitivity) Turning this ON will increase the receive sensitivity.
      4 - OFF (Unlimited retry) Leave this off since the Ti103 plugin does not handle this being ON.
      5 - OFF (Polite/Rude mode) Off=Polite, On=Rude
      6 - OFF (Transmission Phasing) OFF is for a single phase system and ON is for 3 phase. If you have 3 phase power in your house (very rare) then turn this ON. You can tell the difference by how many big wires come into your breaker panel - 3 means single phase (2 'hots' + 1 neut), 4 wires means 3 phase (3 'hots' + 1 neut)
      7 - ON (Powerline frequency) On=60hz, Off=50hz. I know the manual says the default is OFF, but it needs to be ON for the US.
      8 - OFF (Baud rate) Off=9600, ON=19200. 9600 is more reliable.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

Rupp- What I mean is a regular (non-PC) X-10 controller that has buttons on it to control other X-10 modules. When I press the buttons on that controller, the TI-103 sees them and it shows up on the HS log.

Mark - Yes I checked the DIP switches and they are set exactly as you described

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
          ...What I mean is a regular (non-PC) X-10 controller that has buttons on it to control other X-10 modules.
          Try this simple experiment: plug one of these controllers into the outlet that the Ti103 is in and see if you can control any of your modules. This will help eliminate a bridging or 'signal sucker' issue.

Also, is the Ti plugged in near your PC? Is it plugged into a power strip or a UPS? Is a UPS on the same circuit?
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

Mark,
            Thanks for the reply.

I plugged the standalone controller into the same outlet as the TI103. I ran an exension cord to another room, so it is on a different circuit than the UPS on the computer. It can still control other X10 modules, but the TI103 does nothing.

Again, the log shows the received signals from the other controller, so the TI103 is receiving (and communicating to HS), but when I trigger the same event in HS, it shows in the log, but the X10 module does not turn on/off.

The only thing I can see left is that the TI103 is bad -has the receive but no transmit capability. Does this make sense?

Comment

Sounds like you might have a bad Ti.

I would be happy to test if for you if you like. Send me a PM with your contact info if you'd like to try to arrange this.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Same problem

I have a TI103 that has been working well for me for about a year and then yesterday the unit stopped transmitting. The unit has exactly the same symptoms as reported by Vector.
                The HomeSeer log shows that the RS232 interface of the TI103 is responding correctly but nothing is being transmitted onto the powerline. It seems strange that the TI103 receives X10 signals off the powerline and reports them to HomeSeer. It suggests that the signal path is OK to the powerline so there may be a firmware problem or the hardware that generates the powerline signal may be defective.
                If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be interested in hearing them.
                Smarthome has a link for software to test the TI103 but the link is broken. Does anyone have a copy of that software that they can forward?

Thanks,
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by castlestone View Post
                  I have a TI103 that has been working well for me for about a year and then yesterday the unit stopped transmitting. The unit has exactly the same symptoms as reported by Vector.
                  The HomeSeer log shows that the RS232 interface of the TI103 is responding correctly but nothing is being transmitted onto the powerline. It seems strange that the TI103 receives X10 signals off the powerline and reports them to HomeSeer. It suggests that the signal path is OK to the powerline so there may be a firmware problem or the hardware that generates the powerline signal may be defective.
                  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be interested in hearing them.
                  Smarthome has a link for software to test the TI103 but the link is broken. Does anyone have a copy of that software that they can forward?

Thanks,
                  Mike
                  What did you plug in with the last 24 hours?
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                    What did you plug in with the last 24 hours?
                    If yours is bad I will sell you mine. I have one I not long use.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

@wpiman
                      The TI103 is located in my office and I have not plugged anything in or removed anything in months.

Comment

Originally posted by castlestone View Post
                        You can download it from the authors (Act-Solutions): http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/Extras/TI103-SW.zip
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

I have a brand new EU version of this unit and it receives but doesn't transmit. Not happy since it cost a lot to get it shipped here from the USA. Did you ever find out what the problems were with these units that were behaving the same way? Are they dead or is it something else?

Comment

Originally posted by DrT View Post
                            I have a brand new EU version of this unit and it receives but doesn't transmit. Not happy since it cost a lot to get it shipped here from the USA. Did you ever find out what the problems were with these units that were behaving the same way? Are they dead or is it something else?

As my unit was new, I RMA'd my unit back to ACT (with HST help) and they sent me a replacement, which worked immediately. So my problem was a defective original unit out of the box.

Comment

I also RMA'd mine back to SmartHomeUSA. It took 6 weeks to get a replacement unit; but the new unit worked right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X