TI103 Receives but is not Transmitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tstat initialization rate?

Does this tell me ANYTHING about the quality of comms between HS and my tstats?

Comment

Originally posted by deheacock View Post
      Does this tell me ANYTHING about the quality of comms between HS and my tstats?
      The Ti103 does not directly provide a way to monitor X10 signal quality. You will need an X10 powerline signal analyzer for this. You can, however, enable raw logging in the Ti plugin and evaluate the received packets manually (in the HS log) to look for issues. While a bit tedious, it is a good way to see if packets are being received as expected. I have a powerline analyzer and use it for spotting issues immediately and use the Ti logging to find issues over time.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Live and learn...

Thanks, Mark. I had 4 RCS 15B's humming along before the holiday and I was checking them daily from another part of the world. Just a little concerned about the cold wave we were getting here on the east coast at that time, but also feeling reassured everyday I logged in remotely...that is until all four suddenly stopped reporting in.

Since all four died at the same time, I figured the weak link was the CM11a or some other signal/noise issue. Replaced the CM11A with a new TI103 and put ten filters where I apparently had not needed them before. No change. Still not reporting in to HS. Tstats controlled the heating system just fine, but failed to send status changes to HS.

After much fussing and a little fuming, I started over from the beginning this morning. Clean download of HS and plugins. Except that the plugin had at least one erratic moment while I was installing the last tstat, everything seems to be working again.

I'm guessing the SW or some file must have gotten corrupted somehow. I was away from the property and checking remotely, so I couldn't have induced the problem by some change to the environment or the configuration. Now, since I don't really know how this happened, my confidence level is a little shaken as you might imagine. I was happy to discover that the heating system was still under control of the tstats, but it would have been nice to know before I drove a few hours to check on the place.

Not that I have any indication that I need this, but can you recommend a powerline analyzer?

Comment

I use the Monterey Instruments 'Power Line Signal Analyzer.' Not cheap but definitely a useful tool: http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByMa...nts/Item/PLSA/
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
          X