X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha Mike, thanks!

Don

Comment

Can anyone with a successful Windows 7 64-bit install of the W2C confirm their driver method and settings?

Did you just install the latest 64 bit drivers or did you install the .dll file in the post above into the HS directory?

What are you setting up as the default mic, defalut communication device and default speakers (do you set to either of the installed W2C devices USB or USB Aux)?

I am currently using the HS directory install of the dll from the latest W2C drivers. I set my default speakers to other than the W2C and have the default mic to W2C Aux and default communication device to W2C USB. VR is working but works very slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

It took a bit of playing around but you need to set both default mic devices to the Aux hi-phone device and set both default speaker devices to something other than the hi-phone. Works fine now. I am also using the latest 64-bit drivers right out of the box from the w2c website.

Comment

Ok... I got the W2C working with W7 x64 by just putting that one dll in my Homeseer 2 directory.

Problem is... the speech recognition is HORRIBLE. Maybe 10%??

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Are others having no problem with VR?

TIA,

Paul

Comment

FYI, I am just using the latest x64 drivers with no problems or workarounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
              Ok... I got the W2C working with W7 x64 by just putting that one dll in my Homeseer 2 directory.

Problem is... the speech recognition is HORRIBLE. Maybe 10%??

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Are others having no problem with VR?

TIA,

Paul
              Did you train your VR using the Speech control panel applet?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can say that I have not. With Vista, I believe windows became much better without training. 10% seems really low. How are you communicating with HS? Is there a way to record and make sure HS/W2C is getting clear communication?

Comment

Program Files (x86)

I'm curious - why are folks choosing "/Homeseer HS2" over just "/Homeseer"? Versions will change over time. I currently run PRO in "c:\Program Files\Homeseer"

Anyway, I have run into the "can't install to "Program Files" issue" which bothers me a bit. I haven't found specific threads that have a reasonable workaround. For my simple install I don't think it will be a big deal to find the changes needed in scripts/setups/ini's but can see where it could be difficult for others.

Is there a way to install HS2 on x64 in "Program Files" and not "Program Files (x86)"?

-Chak

Comment

I moved from 32 to 64 bit. Did a directory search for files containing "program files" and replaced with "program files (x86)". Wasn't that bad actually. It would be nice if it were automated somehow or if all .ini files for plugins used the HS install location rather than the full path name.

Comment

Does HS lack a formal installer for Win 7 now a days? One that works with UAC?

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've recently installed a new server for HS I'm using Server2008 R2 x64, everything is pretty much working apart from two things, one being my Way2Call.

I get the following error in the HS log at startup:-

02/09/2010 21:49:21 - HSPhone - Error in Hi-Phone InitVR: (50), Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045077
                        02/09/2010 21:49:21 - HSPhone - On Windows 7, ignore error 80045002. Use the Speech control panel, advanced view, to set the audio input to the Hi-Phone USB

Now I've enabled VR in 2008 but I get this error when I go to the Text to Speech control panel aplet

Any clues or am I never going to get it working 100% on Server 2008 x64?
                        Lance

Comment

Does this help?
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=69
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X