Best T-stat for a vacation rental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best T-stat for a vacation rental?

What is the best t-stat for a vacation rental that is compatible with HomeSeer? I want to be able to limit guests from configuration and give them a set temperature range to use. This rental is in a cold mountain area and I need to make sure the temp never falls below 55 or off.

Can HomeSeer notify if the temp goes above/below a set temp?

David
    Last edited by ; September 9, 2009, 06:49 PM.

Yes HomeSeer can be used to monitor the stat and even set it back to a temp if the user attempts to set the stat too low or too high. This stat is hard to beat for what it does and for the money:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/TZEM...e-P720C67.aspx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What is the difference between TZEMT043AB32 - Z-Wave Thermostat (Trane) and the TZ43 - Z-Wave Thermostat (RCS)? Am I able to limit guests from changing configuration settings.

I know the Proliphix Pro Series allows me to lockout a user expect for temp changes in a set range, but these t-stats cost a lot more.

Comment

Whatever you decide I would wire an old mechanical thermostat in parallel on the heat loop in case the fancy one has an issue the temperature still will not drop below whatever you set on the mechanical thermostat.

~Bill

Comment

The TZEMT043AB32 is an OEM version of the TZ43 Tstat - the TZEMT043AB32 does not allow you to use/access remote sensors

Comment

I want the ability of remote sensors. Are there any t-stats that are able to lockout a user except for temp changes in a range other than the Proliphix Pro?

Comment

As Rupp stated if you are utilizing HS you can control the functions of the Thermostat - upper and low Temperatures etc. - if you want to access indoor remote sensors the TZ43 Tstat will work fine - if you want to access outdoor temperatures you would use a TR60 with the ZWB485 for the Z-Wave interface

Comment

Reviving an old thread, but it is on point to my question.

I have a seasonal vacation rental property and want to control the thermostat (set some high and lows that they cannot go beyond), but I would also like to have some control remotely (via the web/web browser). I have broadband (wired and wireless) in the unit.

The Trane thermostate seems to be the common choice. Schlage sells it as part of its Link system. That system requires a $13 monthly fee. I would prefer to buy the hardware and thermostate and just access via the web with no monthly fee.

Can anyone advise me if this is possible. Eventually I may add some other features, but the thermostat control is becoming an issue with the unit running 24/7 and high electric bills which the vactioning people claim was not them.

Thanks
                (I have searched, but not finding exactly what I need to set up my system)

Comment

Originally posted by PDACPA View Post
                  Reviving an old thread, but it is on point to my question.

I have a seasonal vacation rental property and want to control the thermostat (set some high and lows that they cannot go beyond), but I would also like to have some control remotely (via the web/web browser). I have broadband (wired and wireless) in the unit.

The Trane thermostate seems to be the common choice. Schlage sells it as part of its Link system. That system requires a $13 monthly fee. I would prefer to buy the hardware and thermostate and just access via the web with no monthly fee.

Can anyone advise me if this is possible. Eventually I may add some other features, but the thermostat control is becoming an issue with the unit running 24/7 and high electric bills which the vactioning people claim was not them.

Thanks
                  (I have searched, but not finding exactly what I need to set up my system)
                  Welcome to the HomeSeer message board. Any stat connected to HomeSeer running on an always on PC connected to the internet becomes a web accessable stat. So the questionis which stat. The Trane is a good stat but so is the Proliphix. Either of these are good stats.

Comment

I have a TZ40 and you can prevent* someone from making changes at the keypad. You can also set min/max setpoints* and the minimum delta between the two.

I would have HS periodically reset the set points to their proper values.

* - As long as the user does not know how to use the keypad lockout override.

Comment

Hmm that changes my thought process. I had thought that there was a sort of "bridge" like Schlage uses that plugs into my router (no PC needed) as I do not leave a PC in the rental unit. I do have a storage closet, but no power to leave an old laptop.

I might have to bite the bullet and pay the $13 a month to schlage as one high electric bill would pay a years worth of fees.

Comment

Originally posted by PDACPA View Post
                        Hmm that changes my thought process. I had thought that there was a sort of "bridge" like Schlage uses that plugs into my router (no PC needed) as I do not leave a PC in the rental unit. I do have a storage closet, but no power to leave an old laptop.

I might have to bite the bullet and pay the $13 a month to schlage as one high electric bill would pay a years worth of fees.
                        The Poliphix doesn't need a PC. Check out the site.
                        http://proliphix.com/

Comment

Thanks for the link. Does the thermostat have to be wired directly to that module or does thermostat connect to it wirelessly? My router is not near the thermostat and the installation manual shows wiring to the thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                          X