webPage load problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webPage load problems

For a long time now, I've had a lot of difficulty getting Homeseer webpages to load reliably. This is most notable when the page is refreshed, though does occur on opening as well. IE7 will often just sit there with the page heading displayed but never completely loads the page. Pressing Refresh will load the page but even then, sometimes multiple tries are required.
    I'd thought this might be a problem with the laptop I use to access HS most frequently, and was prepared to reformat and reload Windows. However, today I had the same problem trying to view pages from work where IE6 is still used. In fact, I'd tried IE6 on the lt some time ago, with the same result.

There seems to be no correlation between this and the server uptime.

I've put up with this for so long, I don't remember when it started. Is there something I may have done to the server to cause this or perhaps something I might do to solve the problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Have you logged into the server to see if anything is going on at the same time. If HomeSeer is being highly tasked it could cause the web server to slow down. What are the specs of your HomeSeer server?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The server is a P4 3GHz with 4G RAM.
      CPU has been running about 30-70%, depending on the time of day since beta 2.3.0.112 and onward. Prior to that it ran somewhere around 15-20%. This has been ongoing however since long before the current beta cycle, long before any Z-Wave installation. The best I can guess, this coincided with the conversion to PRO, however that may be an impression as, as i've said it's been going on for a very long time. I'd tried every IE trick in the book before mentioning this here.
      Everything functions normally when I'm working directly on the server machine and there seems to be no time of day nor CPU utilization coincidence. It's only a problem logging in from a remote machine either on the LAN or WAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        The server is a P4 3GHz with 4G RAM.
        CPU has been running about 30-70%, depending on the time of day since beta 2.3.0.112 and onward. Prior to that it ran somewhere around 15-20%. This has been ongoing however since long before the current beta cycle, long before any Z-Wave installation. The best I can guess, this coincided with the conversion to PRO, however that may be an impression as, as i've said it's been going on for a very long time. I'd tried every IE trick in the book before mentioning this here.
        Everything functions normally when I'm working directly on the server machine and there seems to be no time of day nor CPU utilization coincidence. It's only a problem logging in from a remote machine either on the LAN or WAN.
        I see this periodically and almost all the time I'm ON my HS server. Similar to you, my server is 3GHz w/2GB RAM but typically I'm only running at 10-20% CPU and I've been seeing it for quite some time. When is happens I'll typically get the background and maybe the first line of my heading but none of the rest of the age This most frequently happens when viewing my 'quickview' page. A refresh always fills in the page w/o a problem. FYI, I'm running IE8.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

This issue may be related to Windows XP SP2 (or greater). With the release of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), it has limited the concurrent TCP connection to 10 connections per seconds. With Service Pack 1 (or without any service pack installed), there was no limit on the number of concurrent TCP connection.

If this happens again, check your system log to see if this "feature" kicked in.

Examle System Event Log Entry:

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I remember reading something about this a while back. I think there's a patch for it if this is the cause, but I'll have to do a bit of digging for it.

Comment

OK. I've found a patch at http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads and applied it. The problem is described at http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1246416&page=1. We'll see what happens over time. This changes the TCP limit to 50 or an optional user defined number. It backs up the tcp.sys file and is supposedly reversible.
              I'll let y'all know what happens over the next day or so, but immediately there does seem to be improvement and no apparant adverse effects.
              It's quite likely I had exceeded the 10 limit with continuous uploads to weather underground, four netcams, three speaker clients, two Audreys, one serial data server and a partridge in a pear tree all connected to the server continuously. Come to think of it, I've been adding to the system continually over the past year and the problem has been getting progressively worse. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                OK. I've found a patch at http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads and applied it. ....
                Were you receivng the error message?
                "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed ..."

We have a couple of test web servers on WinXP at work and we have never hit that limit of 10 per second. Even under load testing we haven't hit it.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Didn't actually check and I'll have to be at the server later to do so. It seems moot anyway as the problem is still occurring remotely.

Comment

Just an update. I've had a chance to check for this event. The EventID is 4226. Interestingly enough, it doesn't appear in the log on the server PC at all. It does however appear frequently in the log on the Laptop which was giving me the most trouble and as well on a third PC I often use.
                    While on the Laptop at least I'm still having the occasional occurrance, there is a definite marked improvement since I applied the above patch on that machine.

Way to go Microsoft!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X