New user trying to get started with lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user trying to get started with lights

I am running HS2, Aeon Z Stick, installed 4 Leviton 3 way switches. I wrote a simple manual event to turn on lights to test them. The status states the lights are on and the event log says the same but the lights are not going on. Can you recommend how to fix?

Any errors in the HS log file? Did you copy the controller to HS? Were there any errors when this step was performed?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There were no errors on the log so I m trying a couple of steps:
      1. Moving the switches to a location closer to the PC running HS since they were in the garage far away from the controller and behind a metal fire door. ( I will put the second slave switches in the garage.)
      2. Having a electrician install the switches and test them.
      Once this is done I will know it is not the switches themselves or the distance from the controller.
      If this does not work I will be ready to quit using HS as it will prove to be unreasonably difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by rao View Post
        There were no errors on the log so I m trying a couple of steps:
        1. Moving the switches to a location closer to the PC running HS since they were in the garage far away from the controller and behind a metal fire door. ( I will put the second slave switches in the garage.)
        2. Having a electrician install the switches and test them.
        Once this is done I will know it is not the switches themselves or the distance from the controller.
        If this does not work I will be ready to quit using HS as it will prove to be unreasonably difficult.
        HomeSeer isn't difficult to use but the protocol you chose can have a bit of a learning curve. You should try using a couple of X10 lamp modules to get a feel for HomeSeer to see how easy that protocol is to use. You should also know that Z-Wave is a mesh network and this means the more devices your have the better it works. This also mean that if your devices are to far from your Z-Wave controller you need devices "along the way" to carry the signal from the controller to the devices.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X