Help with event cancel or pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with event cancel or pause

Hello to all. I need some help. I am not sure how to make this happen.

I have a vacation house and when I am there, I want to hit button "D" on my keypad link that will allow a dusk/dawn event run. This will turn on some outside lights for pathway entry.

When I leave, I want to hit button "D" and have it temp. suspend, cancel, pause the dusk to dawn event.

I tried using the cancel event action, but you are only allowed to cancel events that have a wait.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks,

Jamie

You can't cancel dusk/dawn events but your could write an event that disables the event using &hs.DisableEvent "eventname"

On the other question you would need to put an or condition so you can trigger the event by dusk/dawn or received x10 signal.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

would that event be a script? How do I go about entering that command?

Comment

You enter it in the script to run field of an event. Say you create an event called DisableDuskDawn and it's Trigger is Received X10. You then select the Action tab and select Run Script from the drop down. Select the Switch to Advanced View option. In the field named "OR Script Statement:
        ie: &hs.speak "hello"" you can enter single line script parameters like:
        &hs.DisableEvent "eventname"
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X