Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless remote temp sensors?

Hi,

We have completed our ski house and I'm ready to add home automation. I'm looking at using RCS communicating thermostats, replacing the manual programmable stats we have now.

I have realized that I could really use some remote temp sensors on one of the zones, but I did not wire for these. Are there any wireless remote temp sensors out there?

Scott

If you look at the RFXCom hardware and the ACRF2 or RFXCom plugins you can use the Oregon Scientific wireless sensors for temp/humidity/weather forecasts.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks jasv,

That looks like it will do the trick. I'm a newbie; is this the basic idea for using it:

-- RF receiver is connected to Homeseer
      -- Thermostat is connected to Homeseer
      -- RF receiver gets temp info from remote sensors
      -- Script in Homeseer reads info from RF receiver
      -- Scrip tells thermostat to turn on zone

Scott

Comment

oregon, please clarify

to this thread,
        can you clarify something for me

I ahve an oregon scientific remote temperature sensor kit.
        It has a base station, which plugs into the computer via USB, and its program reads teh main base station, and also reads three remotes.

Is this RFXcom hardware/software, and will this unit (I think the RMA300, I don't hve unit in front of me) be able to be read by homeseer, and trigger events based on temperature of one of the sensors?

any additional info appreciated
        Nick

Comment

I'm also trying to do this using Oregon sensors but am completey and hopelessly stuck on how to create the "Virtal Thermostat" required for this to work. Can anyone help?

My original post is here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=12

Comment

Working...
          X