Which Alarm Panel has best Homeseer integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Alarm Panel has best Homeseer integration

I want to buy a Hometroller after first installing an alarm panel.

Can anyone help me decide which alarm panel integrates best with the Hometroller.

Ideally, every single function that happens with the alarm panel can be transmiited over to the Hometroller and then acted on if desired.

Most people go with the ELk if they can afford it. I bought a house w/ DSC, so I went with that and have not been too horribly dissapointed. the availability of a good plugin for DSC seems to be most people's complaint.

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I purchased and installed an HAI Omni Pro II about 5-6 years ago. I had some issues with the "power stealing" part of the thermostat connections and have since fixed those issues. Its been working well for me. I have it controlling the lights and run some basic programs on it. It is connected to my HS setup and I use it for numerous events and devices on HS. There are some communications problems with HS but to date HS has not triggered any alarms with the panel. I am currently (along with a few others) waiting on an update which will take advantage of the HAI newest firmware revisions. I'm partially biased to HAI but as above many HS folks utilize both Elk and HAI integration. I believe these two companies were in it from the beginning. (multipurpose HW for security, HVAC, speech and powerline).
      Last edited by Pete; October 15, 2009, 11:36 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have the DSC 1832 and own both plug-ins
        each one has it's benefits and both are almost done
        but no further work has been done to polish them up
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I called homeseer directly and was told to go with DSC over Elk. I would call them directly and ask, especially since the particulars of your implementation may indicate a direction.

I am curious though-- when I look at the list of available plugins, I only see a DSC plugin. I can find an Elk plugin on the message board, but it does not seem to be complete yet, but rathe still in development, and even then, it is being developed by an "interested individual"-- which is great, but has t raise some questions about future support, etc.
          Can anyone clear this up for me? Are these impressions correct?
          Thanks!

Comment

There is also a paid plugin for the Elk M1G called UltraM1G from Ultrajones. I have used it, it works well and the support has been great.

Brian

Comment

Elk Products builds solid alarm systems - you have a couple of systems to look at the ELK-M1EZ8 or the ELK-M1GOLD. The UltraM1G is is a great piece of software and easy to use - support has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
                ...the ELK-M1GOLD.

if I was to build a house.. that would soooo be in the budget!!!!!
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Hi ,

I'm using an Elk M1 with my lite touch system and I'd highly recommend it. Elk doesn't support lite touch, but I have a serial expander card connected to my lite touch controller (5000) and have rules to turn lights on and off based on conditions. The main reason I got the M1 is so I can "flash" lights during an alarm condition because my wife is hard of hearing. I have it set up such that when you open outside doors at nights, it turns the outside lights on, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbagoesha View Post
                    I called homeseer directly and was told to go with DSC over Elk
                    To Clarify: The DSC panels are for security only. If that's what you are looking for, they offer a more economical solution than the Elk. If you're looking for more than that, Elk is a fine product and Randy's plug-in (Ultra-MG1) is well maintained.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wireless panel

not to piggyback on this thread but i didn't feel it would be good to start a new one. I'm also looking for an alarm system that can integrate into Homeseer with ease and alot of options. My biggest problem is that it has to be all wireless if possible. I just bought a house 3 months ago and really don't have an option to run cables to everything... I thought it would be nice not to have basement, I'm regretting that now but couldn't past up on the house since it needed no work and the price was right... Well other then my geeky things

Comment

All major brands of security do wireless nicely if you need to go that route. DSC, HAI, and the Elk all have very nice wireless modules you can add.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

DSC has a new completely wireless unit " Alexor "
                          simple to install and almost self programming
                          ( or so they say )

but it looks like only TCPiP no RS-232
                          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                            All major brands of security do wireless nicely if you need to go that route. DSC, HAI, and the Elk all have very nice wireless modules you can add.

to add... that is why i went with my concord 4.... I had ALL wireless including keypads in my house... and ADT told me the concord 4 would accept all wireless except for the keypads.... (they have one that looks like a remote... no alpha numeric )
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                              Which brand has a good plugin to work with HomeSeer.. I want to setup rules if the alarm is arm or disarm. And also the other way around.. If a rule matches in homeseer, it will arm/disarm the alarm..
                              Last edited by Cino; October 23, 2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X