"Display or Edit User Note for..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Display or Edit User Note for..."

Tonight, a new column appeared at the left side of my 'Status' and 'Event' pages. There is no column header or title, only a check-box where the column header should be. Each device and event now has a clickable link that says "Display or Edit User Note for Main Thermostat" or whichever device or event name is listed in the 'Name' column. There is also a check-box to the right of each "Display or Edit User Note for..." line.

I have no idea why this column has been added. The only thing I did before this occurred was to import 2 new JDS relay names.

I've searched the message board and can't find any mention of user notes.

Since this column takes up about 40% of the width of the HomeSeer web pages, it is quite annoying.

Any idea what I did to cause this change?

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry S; October 25, 2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

Do you have a picture of what you are seeing. I have an icon that can be clicked to add a user note.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is an example of what I'm seeing:

Comment

I've just noticed that I only see this column when using the Mozilla Firefox browser. It does not appear when using Internet Explorer.

That's strange...

Comment

I've now noticed that this problem "goes away", even in Firefox, if I call HomeSeer using the IP address of the HS computer, rather than using "localhost".

I've always used localhost, since I figured it would be a little faster than going through the network and router back to the machine I'm sitting at.

So the problem seems to appear only when I'm using Firefox and localhost. Regardless, this is a new problem, as using Firefox and the address localhost have never been a problem before today. I'd like to sort this out, as I should be able to use localhost or the IP address. There's a problem somewhere.

I've tried a reboot of the computer, and the problem still exists when using localhost.

Comment

It's working fine here using FF. What version of HS are you running?

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what happened...

The computer did a scheduled reboot in the middle of the night, and today everything works fine, even when using localhost.

I'll check back in if the problem arises again.

Thanks anyway, Rupp.

Jerry

Comment

Happened to me one day last week as well. Mine, however, went away just by refreshing the browser (think it was IE 7, as I was accesing it from work). It seems to be "ALT TEXT" for the normal icons. We were having slow connections that day, and I think the icons all timed out, so I got the text instead.
                John
                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Good call John, that's exactly what is happening. If the icon can't be rendered then the browser will display the alt text for the image.

Comment

Working...
                  X