Schlage Link lock - adding personal user codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Link lock - adding personal user codes

Not a z-wave issue, but I struggled to find directions for adding/changing/deleting personal user codes for my Schlage link FE599 purchased through Homeseer. Couldn't find any reference in the box literature and was unable to find directions within Schlage's Link website. Did find directions that seem to work in another section of Schlage's website under one of their non-Link keypad locks; here's that link: http://consumer.schlage.com/customer...w_when.asp#q23

If you're using the Schlage LiNK lock and are not using the Schlage Bridge then you need to use the directions you found, that is the correct link. You can easily add/change/delete user codes through the Schlage LiNK online interface if you have an account. Visit link.schlage.com for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara_Sullivan View Post
      If you're using the Schlage LiNK lock and are not using the Schlage Bridge then you need to use the directions you found, that is the correct link. You can easily add/change/delete user codes through the Schlage LiNK online interface if you have an account. Visit link.schlage.com for more information.
      The documentation that came with my locks pointed me to a web link PDF that spelled out how to use the keypad to add/remove user codes.

I don't have it handy, but google is how I arrived at it. Maybe this linky will help
      http://link.schlage.com/Products/Doc...user_guide.pdf
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I was under the impression that i could change the user codes with homeseer. Now that i have it this doesn't see to be the case. Is there any chance this will be a future feature?

DJ

Comment

You can change the user codes if you have your locks tied into HS. Sure quicker than doing it manually, at least for me.

I don't have the Schlage Link as the locks are tied just to HS.

If I remember correctly it is either under the root device or the alarm device there is a button to select user locations.
          You select the location and put whatever you want in it.
          I keep a list of mine on a spread sheet so I can correlate what location has what user code.
          Hope this helps. I'm not at the house today but if you have problems, I'll be glad to look at the exact steps tomorrow night and post them.

Good luck...Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by buvens View Post
            You can change the user codes if you have your locks tied into HS. Sure quicker than doing it manually, at least for me.

I don't have the Schlage Link as the locks are tied just to HS.

If I remember correctly it is either under the root device or the alarm device there is a button to select user locations.
            You select the location and put whatever you want in it.
            I keep a list of mine on a spread sheet so I can correlate what location has what user code.
            Hope this helps. I'm not at the house today but if you have problems, I'll be glad to look at the exact steps tomorrow night and post them.

Good luck...Sonny
            I want to thank you, This helped me a ton!!!!! I have one more question, I assume the user code location is one of the 20 codes you can put in the lock. correct. So if you pick a location and there is a code already there does it erase it??? If not can you erase a code from homeseer?? My lock is at a remote location so i don't have access to experiment and find this out for myself.

Thanks DJ

Comment

When you select a location, you then type in the new code.

You need to keep a list of what codes you have in what locations as it doesn't look like it displays them.

I use a spread sheet for that but just keep a list somewhere if you don't want to over write someones code.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
              X