Email Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Problem

I have configured Homeseer to send an email based upon certain device actions (motion detector violations). My problem is that I will get the emails for some varying time after startup, but then they will stop. The log shows that the event (send email) was triggered, but there is no log entry of the email being sent.

This is what the functuioning log entry looks like:

10/30/2009 6:34:36 AM UltraM1G Info Zone 003 [Kitchen Motion] is Violated
    10/30/2009 6:34:42 AM UltraM1G Info Zone 003 [Kitchen Motion] is Normal
    10/30/2009 6:34:43 AM Info Event Trigger "Kitchen Motion Email"
    10/30/2009 6:34:44 AM Info Email successfully sent to xxxxx@comcast.net

The non-functuioning log entry looks exactly the same, but without the last line. I have considered that my router might be going out, but other computers on the network successfully send emails after the Homeseer computer stops sending them. (The Homeseer computer sends far more emails than any other computer on the network; not sure if this has anything to do with it.)

Any help offered on this puzzle would be greatly appreciated.

The first two things that come to mind are 1) maybe the emails are being tagged as spam, or 2) the event could be setup with "do not trigger after xx minutes" or something like that.

I'm probably wrong about both, but its just the first thing that comes to mind.

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I would add an action to the event that logs something, that way you'll be certain the event actually triggered and ran.
      Mike

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I am sure that the email is not being tagged as spam (checked with comcast), and I have prevented the emails from not sending from the same device for 5 minutes, but they completely stop and don't ever resume until I restart.

One other thing I've observed: when I shut down HS, it often hangs up, with these last two lines:

10/30/2009 12:03:41 PM - Info - Shutting down email ...
        10/30/2009 12:03:41 PM - Info - Shutting down threads ...

I will add an additional action to test if trigger is really being sent.

Thanks for your help, Clay

Comment

Working...
        X