Water Leak / Flood Sensor - Zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Leak / Flood Sensor - Zwave

Is the Fortrezz WWA-001 not currently recommended/resold by HS? I only see HM-FS001 on the website now, which seems relatively new on the site unless I am mistaken?
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

The Fortrezz WWA-001's were in stock a week or so back but it looks like it was recently replaced.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp.
      Does anyone have any experience yet with the HM-FS001 ZWave Homemanageables Flood Sensor devices with HS 2.4.0.1?
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

anyone find them very reliable.?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

OK, then. I just ordered an HM-FS001 and will install it together with HS 2.4.0.1 in a couple of weeks. I'll test and then report back here in case someone is interested...

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
            OK, then. I just ordered an HM-FS001 and will install it together with HS 2.4.0.1 in a couple of weeks. I'll test and then report back here in case someone is interested...
            Please do.

Comment

I just add an FS001 to my 2.3.0.19 Homeseer system; the device is registering as 'ZWave unknown 161'. I made sure that HomeSeer was added as the Association during the configuration process.

When I place the sensor in water the device responds and I can see the correct address on the Z-Troller, however the device status in HomeSeer remains 'Unknown'. Similarly, when I remove the sensor from water, the correct address appears on the Z-Troller but the device status still remains as 'Unknown'.

Perhaps the FS-001 will be better behaved with 2.4.0.1.

Best Regards,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                Perhaps the FS-001 will be better behaved with 2.4.0.1.Best Regards,Mark
                Yes, this should work much better in 2.4.x

Comment

Mark, here's how the FS001 appears in my 2.4.0.3. I didn't try it in 2.3.x.x, so I don't know how it behaved there. BTW I'm not getting a quick notification of an alarm condition in HS when the FS001 senses water, but I'm still trying to tweak it...Simon
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Olbrit; December 11, 2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I upgraded to 2.4.0.3 this morning and the FS001 is fine. I ended up with 4 tags in the system.

1. Sensor tag - type Root
                    2. Battery tag - type Battery
                    3. Sensor tag - type Sensor Binary (Off-Closed-No Motion)
                    4. Alarm tag - type Alarm (OK or Alarm)

I do get immediate notification, did you check the Association?

Best Regards,

Mark

Comment

No, you're right I didn't add the HS association, it seems to have happened automatically on my other Zwave devices...but not on this one. However when I now try to add HS in the FS001 Device Associations page I get this error: "Error - To add an association, a group number is required. Make sure your device supports association groups". As I'm also missing the Alarm child tag that you have, I guess I didn't scan it right or something on installation. I'll physically be where the HT2 is in a couple of weeks so I'll try the battery swap in/out and rescan on this FS001 and if that doesn't work I'll do a remove and re-add, then rescan, etc... Thanks. Simon

Comment

Can't add FD001

I can't get my new Aeon stick to add the FD001. I've done the 3-second hold, multiple presses, single press, etc. and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Comment

Did you try deleting the sensor before adding it? I have had devices come from the manufacturer with id's already on the device. Standard practice for me is to delete the device before adding it.

Comment

Holding for 3 seconds definitely did not work for me, the FS001 manual says '3 times in rapid succession'. What worked for me was 3 'quick' taps all within 1-1.5 seconds.

Mark

Comment

I too was having trouble adding the HM-FS001. Using the suggestion below (3 quick taps of the black button on the bottom of the sensor), the Aeon Z-Stick accepted it. Imported it into HS and "associated" it with HS and it's working great.

I set up an event that:
                              1. Speaks "Water Leak Detected in Utility Room"
                              2. Emails me
                              3. Sends detailed text message to my phone
                              4. Sends detailed text message to my wife's phone

Just need to mount it and re-optimize the network.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X