Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eklee
    replied
    Hi, just received and setup this water sensor. Can someone tell me what are 'Root Device' and 'Child Sensor Binary' used for? It seems like only the 'Leak Alarm' is being used when I apply water to the sensor. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jbeletti
    replied
    I too was having trouble adding the HM-FS001. Using the suggestion below (3 quick taps of the black button on the bottom of the sensor), the Aeon Z-Stick accepted it. Imported it into HS and "associated" it with HS and it's working great.

I set up an event that:
    1. Speaks "Water Leak Detected in Utility Room"
    2. Emails me
    3. Sends detailed text message to my phone
    4. Sends detailed text message to my wife's phone

Just need to mount it and re-optimize the network.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Mark42
    replied
    Holding for 3 seconds definitely did not work for me, the FS001 manual says '3 times in rapid succession'. What worked for me was 3 'quick' taps all within 1-1.5 seconds.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• kaldoon
    replied
    Did you try deleting the sensor before adding it? I have had devices come from the manufacturer with id's already on the device. Standard practice for me is to delete the device before adding it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Can't add FD001

I can't get my new Aeon stick to add the FD001. I've done the 3-second hold, multiple presses, single press, etc. and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    No, you're right I didn't add the HS association, it seems to have happened automatically on my other Zwave devices...but not on this one. However when I now try to add HS in the FS001 Device Associations page I get this error: "Error - To add an association, a group number is required. Make sure your device supports association groups". As I'm also missing the Alarm child tag that you have, I guess I didn't scan it right or something on installation. I'll physically be where the HT2 is in a couple of weeks so I'll try the battery swap in/out and rescan on this FS001 and if that doesn't work I'll do a remove and re-add, then rescan, etc... Thanks. Simon

Leave a comment:

• Mark42
    replied
    I upgraded to 2.4.0.3 this morning and the FS001 is fine. I ended up with 4 tags in the system.

1. Sensor tag - type Root
    2. Battery tag - type Battery
    3. Sensor tag - type Sensor Binary (Off-Closed-No Motion)
    4. Alarm tag - type Alarm (OK or Alarm)

I do get immediate notification, did you check the Association?

Best Regards,

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Mark, here's how the FS001 appears in my 2.4.0.3. I didn't try it in 2.3.x.x, so I don't know how it behaved there. BTW I'm not getting a quick notification of an alarm condition in HS when the FS001 senses water, but I'm still trying to tweak it...Simon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Olbrit; December 11, 2009, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
    Perhaps the FS-001 will be better behaved with 2.4.0.1.Best Regards,Mark
    Yes, this should work much better in 2.4.x

Leave a comment:

• Mark42
    replied
    I just add an FS001 to my 2.3.0.19 Homeseer system; the device is registering as 'ZWave unknown 161'. I made sure that HomeSeer was added as the Association during the configuration process.

When I place the sensor in water the device responds and I can see the correct address on the Z-Troller, however the device status in HomeSeer remains 'Unknown'. Similarly, when I remove the sensor from water, the correct address appears on the Z-Troller but the device status still remains as 'Unknown'.

Perhaps the FS-001 will be better behaved with 2.4.0.1.

Best Regards,

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
    OK, then. I just ordered an HM-FS001 and will install it together with HS 2.4.0.1 in a couple of weeks. I'll test and then report back here in case someone is interested...
    Please do.

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    OK, then. I just ordered an HM-FS001 and will install it together with HS 2.4.0.1 in a couple of weeks. I'll test and then report back here in case someone is interested...

Leave a comment:

• gfs
    replied
    anyone find them very reliable.?

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Thanks Rupp.
    Does anyone have any experience yet with the HM-FS001 ZWave Homemanageables Flood Sensor devices with HS 2.4.0.1?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    The Fortrezz WWA-001's were in stock a week or so back but it looks like it was recently replaced.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X