No announcement yet.

How would you write this event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I had it close but not working. I was using if motion had been off for x minutes.

I'll try your method tonight, it makes more sense.

How do you enter seconds. Best I can do is .1 minutes.
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I have some lights coming on in response to a motion detector which is part of my caddx system and connected to hs via a plug-in.

At times I would like to override the lights coming on automatically. I have two questions:

1. What is the best way to toggle between an automatic mode and manual for the lights? I have UPB switches so would a double tap work to toggle this mode?

2. How would I setup the event to only turn on the lights when the auto mode is selected?
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I would personally use a virtual device that you setup as the trigger/condition for your auto mode. Then just add that virtual device being on as a condition to the lights coming on automatically. You can use a double tap to toggle that virtual device on and off.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks Marty.

It took some trial and error but I got it worked out.

In case anyone else tries I had to make a link in upstart called trigger. Then I set the transmit function to custom and had a double tap activate the trigger link. Back in HS I made an event that looked for the trigger link to go active and if the virtual device was off, turn it on and deactivate the trigger link.

I made a second event to do the opposite. If the trigger link goes active and the virtual device is on, set the virtual device off and deactivate the trigger link.

Then in my light events I just looked for the virtual device to be off before the light goes on. I also made a morning timed event to turn the virtual device off to normally keep the lights on auto until the manual mode is set.
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Glad you got it worked out. I also have a sort of house re-set script that runs in the middle of the night, unless we're away, that sets all kinds of things back to their normal state. Things like mealtime mode, silent mode, etc, etc. Someone always forgets to set the state of things back so I found over time it was best to have a re-set.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X