HM TD001 Temp Sensor programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HM TD001 Temp Sensor programming

Using the temp sensor in a control loop and would like to be able to set the auto report on temp change to 1 degree. Would appreciate some help if anyone knows how to do this. Also, is would like to set the auto report time interval from a script as well. Thanks

Hm-ts001

Any luck with this? I need to do the same thing. The HM-TS001 has a bunch of configurable settings via Z-Wave, but Homeseer only seems to support one (the wake up interval). Even that doesn't seem to work right. I get my device to be recognized correctly with all 4 devices (1 root and 3 children). But it never seems to updates and it doesn't listen for Polls. Looking at the specs, it defaults to no autoreporting. So, I need a way to turn Auto-reporting ON and set some interval (5 minutes?).

I'm running 2.4 with Aeon Stick

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
      Any luck with this? I need to do the same thing. The HM-TS001 has a bunch of configurable settings via Z-Wave, but Homeseer only seems to support one (the wake up interval). Even that doesn't seem to work right. I get my device to be recognized correctly with all 4 devices (1 root and 3 children). But it never seems to updates and it doesn't listen for Polls. Looking at the specs, it defaults to no autoreporting. So, I need a way to turn Auto-reporting ON and set some interval (5 minutes?).

I'm running 2.4 with Aeon Stick
      Is the device associated with HomeSeer?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think so. The HM-TS001 has 2 groups that you can associate the parent device to. Group 1 is where it sends its alerts and reports. And I think it is associated with Homeseer. Group 2 is if you want to control other devices directly based on temp or humidity alarms. I don't do anything with Group 2. My preference is to just get the devicevalues to homeseer and then I can create an event/script to do stuff.

I have figured out (after patient waiting) that the HM-TS001 seems to wake up every 60 minutes (even though I have the homeseer wakeup set to 6 minutes), and only if a value (ie battery, temp, humidity) has changed, then it will send an autoreport. So, the good news is that it does seem to be working correctly. Now I just need to change that 60 minute autoreporting interval to 5 minutes and set the "amount of change" to cause it to trigger to 5 degrees. I'm using it to make sure my hot tub doesn't freeze up. Last winter the dang thing shut down on me when it was -20 out. Didn't realize it until it was too late and had a bunch of the pumps and plumbing freeze (and burst) on me. So, I need to know very quickly if the temperature in the hot tub cabinet starts to drop too much. 60 minute interval is just way too long.

I know those are available values, as they're documented in the Z-Wave portion of the HM-TS001 user-guide. But they aren't available "Configuration" options in homeseer. So, I was hoping to be able to do it through scripting.

I'm brand new to z-wave, just got my first batch of goodies today. Everything seems to be running well. Just need to get to those values somehow.

Comment

OK, so not that I figured out how to access the other command classes... But I did figure out why it was only updating it every 60 minutes. The one command class command that HomeSeer does support for the HM-TS001 is the Wake Up interval. But to set this, the HM-TS001 has to be awake. The only way I got it to work (maybe it's the only way you're supposed to) is to wake it by pressing the F/C/link button 3 times. Then quickly (within 15 seconds maybe?), access the configuration section of the root device of the HM-TS001 (in Homeseer) and set the wake-up interval. Then, and only then, can you set this parameter.

With that, I'm happy.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
            OK, so not that I figured out how to access the other command classes... But I did figure out why it was only updating it every 60 minutes. The one command class command that HomeSeer does support for the HM-TS001 is the Wake Up interval. But to set this, the HM-TS001 has to be awake. The only way I got it to work (maybe it's the only way you're supposed to) is to wake it by pressing the F/C/link button 3 times. Then quickly (within 15 seconds maybe?), access the configuration section of the root device of the HM-TS001 (in Homeseer) and set the wake-up interval. Then, and only then, can you set this parameter.

With that, I'm happy.

Merry Christmas!
            Yep, this is require for all battery operated devices. It's hard to talk to any thing that is asleep

Comment

You can also remove and re-insert the batteries. It should stay awake for 10 minutes after you do this.

Comment

Has anyone been sucessful with installing and using this device? I bought it but Im getting a "No Status" under status... where am I supposed to see the temperature and humidity readings?
                Anyone has had sucess configuring it?

Comment

Im I supposed to see the device and childs of it for each temperature , humidity and battery? If so, I am not seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by hma9193 View Post
                    Im I supposed to see the device and childs of it for each temperature , humidity and battery? If so, I am not seeing this.
                    Have you tried waking up the device and then rescanning it?

Comment

Yea, I just tried this and it worked.
                      Now I can see teh child devices. Also, the minimum interval that homeseer allows in the parent node configuration is 6 minutes, so every 6 minutes the sensors are reporting the temperature and humidity. I can live with that.
                      Thanks for your reply! I have been using homeseer for 3 days and I am loving it! Can wait to buy more sensors... (Need to wait to refill the gadget budget)

Comment

Excellent. Glad you got this sorted out. Let us know if you need any more help and welcome to the family.

Comment

Working...
                        X