How to - email if X10 USB fails to Initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to - email if X10 USB fails to Initialize

The (expletive deleted) SmartHome USB X10 transceiver has been a disappointment to say the least. But I put up with it, seeing nothing better.

Often, when I reboot the computer, HS's log says that the device was not found at start-up of HS. The cure is to power cycle the SmartHome and also to replug the USB cable.

When it does fail, HS merrily keeps doing failed X10 commands with no log error entries.

What I need is an email or beep in the speaker or some such, when the (expletive) device fails to initialize or ceases to work during operation, as it is also want to do.

Yes, I have the latest drivers. I wish for a better interface - that device also has very low X10 signal level.

Suggestions?

Originally posted by Stevech View Post
    The (expletive deleted) SmartHome USB X10 transceiver has been a disappointment to say the least. But I put up with it, seeing nothing better.

Often, when I reboot the computer, HS's log says that the device was not found at start-up of HS. The cure is to power cycle the SmartHome and also to replug the USB cable.

When it does fail, HS merrily keeps doing failed X10 commands with no log error entries.

What I need is an email or beep in the speaker or some such, when the (expletive) device fails to initialize or ceases to work during operation, as it is also want to do.

Yes, I have the latest drivers. I wish for a better interface - that device also has very low X10 signal level.

Suggestions?
    I feel your pain, I have one of those and it still works most of the time. If I still had a lot of x10 stuff I'd replace it but for the few things left that are x10 I just kind of put up with it.

I'm terrible at scripting but there is a mention of the x10 interface being initialized maybe you or someone better than me could somehow use that in a script.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

TI-103 is the answer.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Stevech View Post
        What I need is an email or beep in the speaker or some such, when the X10 USB device fails to initialize or ceases to work during operation, as it is also want to do.
        Suggestions?

Comment

You could try the log monitor plugin to monitor the error and when it happens trigger and event.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Something like this?

Sub Main()

Dim Status
            Dim eaddr
            eaddr = " e@a.com "
            Status = hs.Plugin("X10 CM11A/CM12U").InterfaceStatus
            If Status = 0 Then
            hs.writelog "X10", "X10 Interface OK at Startup"
            Else
            hs.writelog "X10", "X10 Interface Failure"
            hs.sendemail eaddr, , "X10 Interface", "X10 Interface Failure At Startup"
            End If
            Just something I thought of...not checked it myself

Edit: Actually I should read the original post a bit better, check what the interfacestatus returns if it loads with an error compared to if it works OK. If you say HS reports a failure then does the plugin interfacestatus report it as such? If they are no different then as Rupp says only way is to read the log

Comment

Working...
            X