Transfer data Merten to homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer data Merten to homeseer

Is it possible to transfer data form the Merten software into Homeseer?
    Is there a manual how to do this?

B.R. Wim

Merten to Homeseer

I have tested it today and it works.

You have learned all modules in the Merten software and made all associations. When you exit the merten software it will write all configuration to a merten battery switch. The merten software requires one battery switch beacuse it becomes the primary controller.

In Homeseer, delete all z-wave devices and clear/reset the Aeon stick from all z-wave devices. Go to setup, interface, manage press "replicate receive" press 3 times on the battery switch (primary controller of merten)

The Aeon stick now becomes secondary controller. See enclosed picture, some buttons disapers beacuse it becomes a secondary controller.

If you need to add more devices do that in merten and the use the replicate receive to import new devices. The aeon stick will show up as a node in merten and will showit as an unknown devices but it still works.

With this approts you will take advantage of the merten products fully. All buttons on the battery powered devices works perfect.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jonas for your information.
      What must I do extra if I have already several zwave devices without battery in Homeseer and I like to learn several other devices with battery into homeseer? Those devices with batteries I have already in the Merten software. It couldn't go on the same way or is it?

B.R. Wim

Comment

As I understand you need to clear your homeseer z-wave devices and add them into merten and then make the transfer.

After this if you need to add more devices you need to add them into merten first and then into homeseer as I decribed.

Comment

I understand you, but I think I am not very clear in my explanation of my problem.
          I have some Merten devices with batteries and read them in the Merten software. There they work nice.
          I have also some Duewi devices without batteries and read them in homeseer. They work also fine.

Can I read the Duewi devices into Merten?
          How can I get both devices (Merten and Duewi) in homeseer?

B.R. Wim

Comment

You have to relearn the Duewi devices into merten, it should be now problem.
            I hade tested the act device in merten software and it work ok.

Comment

Hello Jonas,

I have tried your proposal this week.
              I had a problem to read in the Duwi devices into Merten software. This Duwi devices don't work anymore. Why, I don't know. I can't reset the Duwi device anymore till now.
              I have also asked the Merten people for help and they will send me end april a new proposal.
              They will work in the other direction. First you have to read in every device into homeseer and after that they will transfer all Merten devices into Merten software. Then all Merten devices will be configuered in the Merten software.
              If I have the right discription, I will let you know.

B.R. Wim

Comment

Do you have problem reseting the Duwi devices now ?

Comment

Do I need a Merten controller to learn devices in the Merten software or can I also use the AEON Labs stick?

Comment

You need the merten USB controller.

Comment

Dear Jonas,
                      Thanks for the description of this process of getting Merten devices correctly into Homeseer (in the meanwhile I've bought a Merten controller and set up the software and associated with the Merten switches and devices). I've got some further questions on this:

First question:
                      When you say: "Go to setup, interface, manage press 'replicate receive' press 3 times on the battery switch (primary controller of merten);
                      do you mean that I should take the AEON stick out of my pc and keep it close to the battery switch that is used as programming device for the Merten controller? Will the information then be transformed to my AEON stick, and when I put back my stick into Homeseer all information is updated?

Second question:
                      The battery switch I used as a programming device for my Merten controller was used as a direct link to another Merten switch to control the lights from two sides of a room. Can I still use it for this purpose or can the battery switch now only be used as the programming device? If so, how can I set this up; should this be done from within Homeseer (does Homeseer see when I push the battery switch?)?

Thanks...

Comment

1. Keep the aeon stick in the pc and move your merten switch to the aeon stick.

2. You can still use your merten switch with the assosiation you made in merten.

Comment

I tried the steps as described above. At first I've managed to make connections and identify all Merten switches with my Merten battery switch. But when I try to bring them into Homeseer, Homeseer tells me to press the controller button over and over again. The devices don't get into homeseer.

After that I tried to reset all information in the battery controller (by deleting the whole project in Merten Connect) and that's the point of only more trouble.

Now I've a problem of setting anything up again in the Merten configurator. Firstly I get an error message that the controller is already associated with another setup and that this setup can get uncontrolled when I pursue setting up a new project.
                          It still recognizes the controller button (battery switch) but the first switch I try to integrate my pc hangs (100% CPU usage) and no switches can get recognized.

So I've tried several solutions:
                          - Reset all switches to factory settings (by three times pressing and then pressing once for 5 seconds)
                          - Deleting the Merten configurator project and setting things up again
                          - Reinstalling my pc (because I suspected it to keep traces of Merten)

What I suspect is that information is stored in my USB controller somehow. Can I reset that or is something else causing my problems?

Comment

Today there two persons from Merten by me. We have talk a lot about Merten devices, Zwave devices and Homeseer.
                            Here short my story from to day:
                            In the lab of Merten they have build a Homeseer surrounding area with aeon stick and several Merten devices in it. Also the battery devices.
                            They read everything in Merten software (Merten and Duwi) and after that they transfer everything to Homeseer.
                            They did the same thing by me today with all my Zwave devices and everything is working fine in Homeseer now.
                            There are several important point to remember:
                            - All devices must be registrated in Merten software
                            - Primair device and system administrator is the Merten USB stick
                            - Aeon stick must read in Merten software as last
                            - Aeon stick is secondaire system administrator
                            - All devices have to be programmed in Merten
                            - all devices are after programmed in Merten software, transfered to Homseer with the button: Zwave-manage-Replicate recieve.

Only one device works not complete. I have to ask Homeseer why not, because everything is seen in Homeseer. It is the Connect 2-gang. From this one I can only work with the first button. The second button is seen in Homeseer but has no status.

B.R. Wim
                            Last edited by wim2008; April 24, 2011, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I have now one problem with the Merten push button 2-gang:
                              In homeseer both gangs are there, but only with 1 gang I can work. The 2de gang has no status. See image.
                              How can I change that?

B.R. Wim
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X