Caller ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caller ID

Hello. I wonder if there are any plugin to identify incoming calls but do not have to buy any modem. In other words, the roouter that gives me internet access can identify the calls and create events.

Thanks from Spain (I translate with google)

I utilize Smoothwall. I have it enabled to act as a transparent SIP proxy. My VOIP box sits inside of my network. Theoretically if you can get the specific SIP logs over to HS you can do anything you want with them. (IE in/out to/from information). Personally I do not do this.

Here is a quickie drawing/picture of the topology. Note that I utilize a Comcast Broadband router that provides me a DHCP network IP to the internet. (not an ADSL router)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; December 21, 2009, 11:57 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe View Post
      Hello. I wonder if there are any plugin to identify incoming calls but do not have to buy any modem. In other words, the roouter that gives me internet access can identify the calls and create events.

Thanks from Spain (I translate with google)
      Why not use Ultra's new plugin with one of the inexpensive modems? Are you not able to add any hardware?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        I utilize Smoothwall. I have it enabled to act as a transparent SIP proxy. My VOIP box sits inside of my network. Theoretically if you can get the specific SIP logs over to HS you can do anything you want with them. (IE in/out to/from information). Personally I do not do this.
        Pete,
        I know you're a long-time SnevlCID user, and I think you had a NetCallerID box. I don't know anything about VOIP. Does the CallerID info come through your VOIP box and get picked up by NetCallerID?
        Steve

Comment

I was inspired by this to go look at my caller ID log file.
          I have a NetCallerID running with my own add-on to HomeSeer that does talking CID, logging, and friendly-caller lookup, plus a LAN client server. I uploaded that here years ago as freeware. I have a still-unused spare NetCaller ID box. No reason why this software couldn't use a generic voice modem, but I've never done that though I have such a modem.

the log spans 2003 to today (Feb, 2010) in it. 8,700 incoming calls. There are just two of us in this home.

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
            Pete,
            I know you're a long-time SnevlCID user, and I think you had a NetCallerID box. I don't know anything about VOIP. Does the CallerID info come through your VOIP box and get picked up by NetCallerID?
            Steve
            I'm sure Pete will answer next time he's on but to answer your question, Yes the netcaller ID does work with VOIP. I have vonage and it has worked well for years.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

So source for NetCaller ID units anymore that I know of.
              This store sold 'em all
              http://discountsales.com/shop/shop_c...ds=netcallerid

Comment

I believe our friend is from Spain. I dont know if some of the things we are suggesting will work for him.

~Bill

Comment

Good point, phone systems vary wildly in how they work.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Pete,
                    Steve
                    Yes - lately having problems though because I have a hybrid mix using VOIP / GV. I am still using Gizmo VOIP and there has been some major changes there with their VOIP service. Still getting and sending CID though. CID is seen with CID box. Primary number/line is still copper. What I liked with GV was getting an "old" 312 area code for my call in number.

BTW - I have disabled many of the "features" available with both Verizon (in FL) and "Sprint" in the MW other than CID (no voice mail or call waiting). It was many support phone calls. Testing Gizmo in the last few days noticed that I have lost my call in features and my call out keeps cutting out after a few minutes (this is with paid call in number and call out number minutes in the bucket) - guess it time to move on. Opened a ticket regarding issues / ticket was closed with a stock FAQ response. Checking forum noticed that Gizmo is kinding of forcing folks out of their service.
                    Last edited by Pete; February 21, 2010, 06:41 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                    X